If Twitter was hoping to keep its brand new music app a secret before it launched, the plan was an epic fail.
Ryan Seacrest announced -- via Twitter, of course -- that he was testing out the new app before Thursday's live "American Idol" taping. "Playing with @twitter's new music app (yes it's real!)" started Seacrest's first tweet. "Lovin the app...shows what artists are trending, also has up and coming artists," began the next.
And "music discovery service" We Are Hunted -- which tracks popular songs across Twitter's social network -- officially confirmed the month-old news they were acquired by Twitter after cooperating in the development of the standalone app.
Twitter has yet to comment on the leaks, or reveal more information, but tech site AllThingsD was able to confirm the launch is planned to coincide with California music festival Coachella which kicks off the first of two consecutive weekends of performances on Friday, »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Jordin Sparks Flaunts Hot Bikini Body In Las Vegas (From TooFab. 20 April 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Michelle Obama to Guest Star on 'Nashville' (From Rolling Stone. 20 April 2014, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Jordin Sparks Stuns in Bikini at Las Vegas Event With Jason Derulo: Pictures (From Us Weekly. 20 April 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Seacrest to quit 'American Idol'? (From RealBollywood. 19 April 2014, 6:52 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Seacrest Set to Renew ‘American Idol’ Contract, but NBCU and E! Future Uncertain (From The Wrap. 18 April 2014, 7:14 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Seacrest Not Trying To Leave American Idol, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 18 April 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)