If Twitter was hoping to keep its brand new music app a secret before it launched, the plan was an epic fail.
Ryan Seacrest announced -- via Twitter, of course -- that he was testing out the new app before Thursday's live "American Idol" taping. "Playing with @twitter's new music app (yes it's real!)" started Seacrest's first tweet. "Lovin the app...shows what artists are trending, also has up and coming artists," began the next.
And "music discovery service" We Are Hunted -- which tracks popular songs across Twitter's social network -- officially confirmed the month-old news they were acquired by Twitter after cooperating in the development of the standalone app.
Twitter has yet to comment on the leaks, or reveal more information, but tech site AllThingsD was able to confirm the launch is planned to coincide with California music festival Coachella which kicks off the first of two consecutive weekends of performances on Friday, »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Kelly Clarkson's Adorable Daughter River Rose Is Caught Meditating on Thanksgiving (From E! Online. 26 November 2015, 7:43 PM, PST)
- Carrie Underwood Gushes About Her ''Happy" Baby Boy, Reveals His New Milestone Keeping Mom and Dad Busy (From E! Online. 22 November 2015, 5:06 PM, PST)
- ‘American Idol’ Brings Back All Judges For Final Season (From Uinterview. 21 November 2015, 8:24 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lopez Sounds Off on Kanye West's "Really Funny" American Idol Audition (From E! Online. 20 November 2015, 12:28 PM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Alum Idol Judges Return, Celine Dion's Paris Tribute and More (From TVLine.com. 20 November 2015, 12:22 PM, PST)
- Rejoice, American Idol Fans! Ryan Seacrest Says All Former Judges Will Return for Final Season (From E! Online. 19 November 2015, 5:43 PM, PST)