Mickey Rose, a childhood friend and former writing partner of Woody Allen, died Sunday (April 7), the La Times reports. He was 77 years old. As children, Rose and Allen bonded over their loves of baseball, jazz and movies.
As an adult, Rose is credited as a writer on three of Allen's movies: 1966's "What's Up, Tiger Lily?," 1969's "Take the Money and Run," and 1971's "Bananas." After his work with Allen, Rose moved on to write for television. He penned episodes of several classic shows, including "All in the Family," "The Dean Martin Comedy Hour," and "The Odd Couple."
His last writing credit came in the late 1980s, with two episodes of "227." Though Rose stepped back from comedy writing, he stayed in touch with Allen through the years, his family says. In a statement from Allen, the writer-director speaks highly of his friend, saying, "Mickey was one of the funniest humans I know, »
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- The 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time, According To Chris Rock (From Cinema Blend. 26 November 2014, 6:16 PM, PST)
- 20 Family Movies for Thanksgiving Day (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 November 2014, 11:23 AM, PST)
- Watch: Josh Brolin Explains His Flat Top in Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' and More (Exclusive Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 November 2014, 4:04 AM, PST)
"All in the Family" (1971)
- An All in the Family Reboot May Be Coming in 2015 (From TVovermind.com. 21 November 2014, 10:59 AM, PST)
- Groundbreaking Lgbt Moments in Hollywood (From VH1.com. 21 November 2014, 10:45 AM, PST)
- Sony May Reboot All in the Family With a Latino Cast (From Vulture. 21 November 2014, 8:50 AM, PST)
"The Odd Couple" (1970)
- Some Actors Could Make the Difficult Transition from TV Actor to Oscar Nominee (From Scott Feinberg. 17 November 2014, 11:44 AM, PST)
- Believe It or Not: ‘The Greatest American Hero’ Joins TV’s Parade of Remakes (From Variety - TV News. 30 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Community’ Star Yvette Nicole Brown Joins CBS’ ‘Odd Couple’ Reboot (From The Wrap. 8 August 2014, 12:55 PM, PDT)