If the theory that pop culture nostalgia runs in a twenty-year cycle is true, then the time is ripe for a remake of 1991 thriller Point Break. At least, Alcon Entertainment seems to think so, as they announced in 2011 that they would be bringing their own version of the film to the big screen. Kurt Wimmer, who stretched his remake muscles with last year’s Total Recall, has been tapped to write the script, and the producers have just found the director that they want to handle the project.
The original film was directed by Kathryn Bigelow, who later won an Oscar for war drama The Hurt Locker, and is about an “F! B! I! Agent!” called Johnny Utah, who is sent undercover to investigate a gang of surfers that are suspected to be ...
Click to continue reading ‘Point Break’ Remake Steals ‘Invincible’ Director
- Hannah Shaw-Williams
Similar News ItemsThe Hurt Locker (2008)
- Academy Governors: Let's Go Back to Five Best Picture Nominees (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 March 2015, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel: ‘Furious 7′ Will Win Best Picture at the Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 24 March 2015, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Upcoming Videogame Movies (From Cinelinx. 20 March 2015, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- Keanu Classic: Point Break (From The Hollywood News. 20 March 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Thn Interview: ‘The Voices’ Director Marjane Satrapi (From The Hollywood News. 17 March 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Juliette Lewis on Why Sitcom TV Almost Made Her Give Up Acting (From Variety - TV News. 13 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Total Recall (2012/I)
- The Face of an Angel movie review: fiction is stronger than truth (From FlickFilosopher. 27 March 2015, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- Sleepy Hollow Granted Season 3 Renewal (From We Got This Covered. 18 March 2015, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Gotham's Lesley-Ann Brandt Replaces Lina Esco As 'Maze' On Lucifer (From ComicBookMovie. 17 March 2015, 8:00 PM, PDT)