We have readers from all over the world, so if you live in Berlin, near Berlin, or are planning on visiting Berlin, we hope you check out a new restoration of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari that will be screening at the Berlin International Film Festival:
“The 64th Berlin International Film Festival will be held from February 6 to 16, 2014.
Film fans can get ready for an exceptional highlight: Robert Wiene’s The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, which premiered in 1920, will be screened 94 years later in a new, completely digitally restored version within the scope of Berlinale Classics. Not only is the expressionist silent film classic of great significance in the history of film, but it has also influenced many filmmakers of later generations.
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari was first screened in Berlin on February 26, 1920. This key work of German silent film is famous for its extraordinary style that was influenced by expressionism and romanticism. »
- Jonathan James
Similar News ItemsThe Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
- Watch: Restore your love in movies, here’s short film ‘100 Years/100 Shots’ (From Flickeringmyth. 22 April 2016, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- NYC Weekend Watch: Kung Fu, Sidney Poitier, The Maysles, Chantal Akerman & More (From The Film Stage. 7 April 2016, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Paradigm, Benderspink Sign Mexico’s Emiliano Rocha Minter (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2016, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- What can we learn about 'Doctor Strange' from Scott Derrickson's 10 favorite horror movies? (From Hitfix. 29 October 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 200 Greatest Horror Films (60-51) (From SoundOnSight. 28 October 2015, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Mayhem 2015: ‘German Angst’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 26 October 2015, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Best New Rock/Pop/Electronic Albums/EPs of 2015 (From CultureCatch. 27 December 2015, 12:51 PM, PST)
- NYC Happenings: Oshima's It's Me Here, Bellett and Eight Experimental Shorts by Tezuka, Rarities at Japan Society (From Twitch. 19 February 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Beyond Exploitation: Peter Strickland’s The Duke Of Burgundy (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 26 January 2015, 6:32 AM, PST)