Washington, Apr 10: Stephenie Meyer was so impressed with Us born Irish actress Saoirse Ronan's talent that she reduced the entire age group of her novel 'The Host' for its screen adaptation just to get the talented 18 year old actress to play the lead.
"I'd always pictured the character being between 25 and 30. But watching her in 'Hanna' changed my mind," Meyer gushed.
"She can do anything and we needed an actress who could play two really different characters.
"When we started casting I had a bit of a hangup with Saoirse's age in the beginning where just immediately her age was an issue," she said.
- Meeta Kabra
Similar News ItemsStephenie Meyer
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Austenland (From Disc Dish. 6 December 2013, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Why the ‘Catching Fire’ Movie Is Better than Suzanne Collins’ Novel (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2013, 1:20 PM, PST)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – review | Mark Kermode (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 November 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Metro Manila named British independent film of the year (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- The 2013 British Independent Film Awards Winners are Announced (From HeyUGuys. 8 December 2013, 2:31 PM, PST)
- Metro Manila wins top Bifa (From ScreenDaily. 8 December 2013, 2:30 PM, PST)
The Host (2013)
- The top 10 worst films of 2013 ... according to Time Magazine (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 1:13 AM, PST)
- ’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Fruitvale Station’ Excluded From WGA Awards (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 6:33 PM, PST)
- Michael Gracey Set to Direct Universal's 'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' Adaptation (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 December 2013, 12:30 PM, PST)