Cannes – For some broadcasters, the war is not over — at least as a subject for TV drama.
At the MipTV mart here Tuesday, three companies tubthumped war-themed drama series, with each offering a story about how war destroys young lives.
“Each episode will tell one year of the war from the point of view of these two soldiers, who never meet until the final episode, when they are in an ultimate confrontation,” Stephenson said.
“A piece like that shows how television is becoming so epic in its scale, but always coming back to what ultimately the audience is driven by, which is getting inside characters’ heads,” Stephenson said.
Producing the series will be Red Planet Pictures, »
- Leo Barraclough
Similar News ItemsDavid Tennant (I)
- David Tennant Doubts Olivia Colman Has Time For Doctor Who (From Screen Rant. 25 June 2017, 7:40 PM, PDT)
- The Master's Return To Doctor Who Is Also the Series' Darkest Hour in Years (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 24 June 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who series 10: World Enough And Time geeky spots and Easter eggs (From Den of Geek. 23 June 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- iZombie: The Complete Third Season Completes CW Disc Releases (From Comicmix. 13 June 2017, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- iZOMBIE: The Complete Third Season to Sink its Teeth into DVD This October (From DailyDead. 13 June 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: La Cage Aux Folles (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 6 June 2017, 10:35 PM, PDT)
"The Killing" (2011)
- Silver & Black Director Shares Her Connection With Wonder Woman’s Patty Jenkins (From We Got This Covered. 20 June 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Mireille Enos-Starrer “Never Here” Acquired by Vertical Entertainment (From Women and Hollywood. 19 June 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Fearless episodes 1 & 2 review (From Den of Geek. 19 June 2017, 8:06 AM, PDT)