Las Vegas — 3D TV may not be the hot topic it was a couple of years ago, but James Cameron and his company remain no less determined to advance the case for stereoscopic on the smallscreen.
Today at the Nab Show Cameron’s 3D technology company Cameron-Pace Group, Dolby Laboratories and Royal Philips Electronics announced they have pacted to support 3D content in general and glasses-free 3D TV in particular.
Under the agreement, Cpg will integrate Dolby 3D — Dolby’s suite of autostereo TV technologies — into its future content and collaborate on its use. The goal is to create smart content that adjusts the 3D settings automatically.
See Also: Red Camera Acquires 2D Gear from 3ality Technica
Giles Baker, senior VP, broadcast business group, Dolby Laboratories, told Variety the alliance seeks to bring high-quality 3D viewing, without glasses, to the home. “3D is not really going to be successful as »
- David S. Cohen
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- John Wick 3 Details Revealed, John Wick 2 Compared to Aliens (From MovieWeb. 21 October 2016, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- John Wick: Chapter 2 Director On The Pressure Of Sequels, Loss Of Originality, And Third Film Possibility (From LatinoReview. 21 October 2016, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Director Chad Stahelski Discusses Challenges Of Making A Sequel With John Wick: Chapter 2 (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2016, 8:04 AM, PDT)
Dolby Laboratories [us]
- Us Briefs: Britannia Award for Jodie Foster (From ScreenDaily. 26 September 2016, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- First Dolby Cinema sites open in Asia (From ScreenDaily. 23 June 2016, 3:42 AM, PDT)
- IMAX, Cineworld sign five-theatre agreement (From ScreenDaily. 22 June 2016, 6:12 AM, PDT)
- Vince Pace Has Joined Rental House Ver; Company Launches 'Cineverse' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 May 2014, 12:11 AM, PDT)
- Animal Logic: Will Reichelt talks about Walking With Dinosaurs (From Flickeringmyth. 4 February 2014, 11:06 PM, PST)
- 3D Dead? Don’t Count It Out Just Yet (From Variety - Film News. 28 June 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)