Avril Lavigne is back and singing Radiohead at the top of her lungs in "Here's to Never Growing Up," a bouncy anthem that recalls Ke$ha, Taylor Swift and Lavigne's own 2002 hit, "Complicated." (Or just "Complicated," since Avril was doing this kind of thing before Ke$ha and Swift were Top-40 staples.)
"We'll be running down the street, yelling kiss my ..." Lavigne sings during the song, which is basically one very long and catchy hook. "I'm like, 'Yeah whatever, we're saluting like that' / When the sun's going down, we'll be raising my cup / Singing here's to never growing up."
"Here's to Never Growing Up" is the first single off Lavigne's as-yet untitled and undated new album. The song is available on iTunes right now.
- Christopher Rosen
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Taylor Swift Says Other Musicians Thanked Her For Spotify Stance (From Popsugar. 18 December 2014, 8:08 AM, PST)
- Sam Smith’s Debut Album Sells Over One Million Copies in Both Us and UK (From The Wrap. 18 December 2014, 6:52 AM, PST)
- See Taylor Swift's Must-Have Rings For the Holidays! (From TooFab. 18 December 2014)
- China's Tencent, Sony Music in Exclusive Distribution Partnership (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 December 2014, 12:01 AM, PST)
- Charli Xcx Sings Her Bad Girl Anthem ‘Break the Rules on SNL (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 14 December 2014, 8:55 AM, PST)
- Avril Lavigne Asks for Fans’ Prayers for 'Health Issues' (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 December 2014, 3:38 PM, PST)