Avril Lavigne is back and singing Radiohead at the top of her lungs in "Here's to Never Growing Up," a bouncy anthem that recalls Ke$ha, Taylor Swift and Lavigne's own 2002 hit, "Complicated." (Or just "Complicated," since Avril was doing this kind of thing before Ke$ha and Swift were Top-40 staples.)
"We'll be running down the street, yelling kiss my ..." Lavigne sings during the song, which is basically one very long and catchy hook. "I'm like, 'Yeah whatever, we're saluting like that' / When the sun's going down, we'll be raising my cup / Singing here's to never growing up."
"Here's to Never Growing Up" is the first single off Lavigne's as-yet untitled and undated new album. The song is available on iTunes right now.
- Christopher Rosen
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Jim Carrey Tested David Letterman for Ebola (From Vulture. 29 October 2014, 9:11 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Admits She's the "Worst Dancer at a House Party" on The Voice (From E! Online. 29 October 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 29 October 2014, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Learn More About Dr. Luke, the Producer Kesha Is Accusing of Sexual Assault (From PEOPLE.com. 16 October 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Kesha's Allegations Against Dr. Luke Rattle the Music Industry (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 October 2014, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Chad Kroeger Loves That Nickelback Haters Are Trying to Ban the Band From the UK -- Find Out Why! (From Us Weekly. 15 October 2014, 1:45 AM, PDT)