With The Vampire Diaries, Arrow and Supernatural already booked for 2013-2014, and 90210 preparing to say farewell, a new report suggests that The CW may soon have an important announcement regarding its remaining programs:
They are All coming back!
While ratings for Nikita, Hart of Dixie, Beauty and the Beast and The Carrie Diaries aren't anything to get overly excited about on their own, Deadline details how The CW makes a great deal of money off its online streaming deals.
Aside from ad-based replays on the network's official website, The CW signed a five-year, $75 million deal with Hulu last year and another rich contract with Netflix in 2011.
Most of the aforementioned shows - The Carrie Diaries in particular - perform well on these platforms, giving the network incentive to bring them all back in some form (13 episodes each, perhaps?) next season.
Look for announcements to be made over the coming weeks, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Matt Richenthal)
Similar News Items"The Vampire Diaries" (2009)
- Nina Dobrev Glows on the Red Carpet Following the Premiere of The Vampire Diaries (From Popsugar. 22 October 2016, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- CW 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 10/22/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 October 2016, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- The Vampire Diaries: Season Eight Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 October 2016, 1:25 PM, PDT)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of CW TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 October 2016, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Once Upon a Time Round Table: Goodbye, Mr. Hyde (From TVfanatic. 20 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Beats ‘Tarzan’ for Top Spot on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Sales Chart (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 9:50 PM, PDT)
"Hart of Dixie" (2011)
- Broadway Baby! Leslie Odom Jr. and Nicolette Robinson Expecting First Child (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2016, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- The CW Aims to Reboot Campy ’80s Soap ‘Dynasty’ With a Modern Story (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- The CW Aims to Reboot Campy ’80s Soap ‘Dynasty’ With a Modern Story (From Indiewire Television. 30 September 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)