As Spears was making her way to her car, TMZ approached and asked, plainly, "Hey Britney. What do you think about the passing of Annette Funicello, fellow Mousketeer?"
Spears' response? She smiles a huge smile and says, "I think that's great!" Cue the record scratch. Come again, Brit?
Very quickly after TMZ reported the encounter, Spears took to Twitter to explain why she handled her response so clumsily. "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am Devastated to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello...She was a role model for me during my days as a Mousketeer. #Heartbroken."
The mind boggles over just what Spears thought she heard. »
Similar News ItemsBritney Spears
- Britney Spears regrets TV show with K-Fed, but not dating Justin Timberlake (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 11:17 PM, PST)
- Britney Spears smells trouble in her new video for 'Perfume' (From Hitfix. 10 December 2013, 2:43 PM, PST)
- Britney Spears’ “Perfume” Video Review: Sweet Scent of Success? (From The Backlot. 10 December 2013, 2:25 PM, PST)
- Ajyal fest wraps with youth jury awards (From ScreenDaily. 1 December 2013, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Doha's Ajyal fest wraps with youth jury awards (From ScreenDaily. 1 December 2013, 8:27 AM, PST)
- 'The Voice': E.G. Daily and 5 more semi-famous auditioners (From EW.com - PopWatch. 25 September 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)