The 3.4 million viewers for last night's Season 6 premiere is just a slight dip from the 3.54 million viewers Season 5's premiere drew last March. The Season 5 premiere telecast remains the most-watched "Mad Men" episode to date.
This year's premiere drew 1.4 million adults 18-49, also down slightly from last season's 1.6 million. However, the Season 6 premiere numbers are still higher than the overall Season 5 averages, which was "Mad Men's" most-watched season to date.
While this is the first time a "Mad Men" series premiere hasn't built on the audience of the previous year's premiere, AMC notes "Mad Men" typically adds 1.2 million viewers in Live+3 ratings. Last night's competition included the second episode of HBO's "Game of Thrones" and CBS' broadcast of the Acm Awards, which was up year-to-year. »
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Terminator heading back to TV for "companion series" to movie reboot (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 4:19 PM, PST)
- Richard Madden: 'You get a lot of terrified actors tearing through the script, going, Do I die?' (From The Guardian - TV News. 7 December 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)
- New Terminator Movie Gets a Title? (From Dread Central. 7 December 2013, 12:32 PM, PST)
"Mad Men" (2007)
- First Images From John Slattery’s ‘God’s Pocket’ Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman (From The Hollywood News. 7 December 2013, 11:46 AM, PST)
- Producer Christina Wayne Pacts with Endemol Studios (From Variety - TV News. 6 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- The Pirate Fairy Flits to Blu-ray in April 2014 (From ScifiMafia. 6 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'House of Cards' scribes earn Writer's Guild noms (From EW.com - Inside TV. 5 December 2013, 10:28 AM, PST)
- ‘House Of Cards’, ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Among Writers Guild’s TV Nominees (From Deadline TV. 5 December 2013, 10:20 AM, PST)
- Casting Net: Zach Galifianakis may re-team with Owen Wilson, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 2 December 2013, 5:57 PM, PST)