A&E’s Bates Motel will keep the lights on for another year.
The network just renewed the creepy horror-drama for a 10-episode second season. The show has maintained strong ratings since its premiere a few weeks ago. Bates Motel debuted to 3 million viewers on March 18 (now up to 4.5 million counting DVR), making it the network’s most-watched drama debut ever. The second and third week kept Bates in the same ballpark, with both nights generating 2.8 million viewers in the overnight numbers.
“Bates Motel has garnered critical acclaim and a loyal audience in its first few weeks,” said Bob DeBitetto, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsVera Farmiga
- Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones to Receive Santa Barbara Film Fest Honor (From Variety - Film News. 16 December 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Sbiff to honour Theory duo (From ScreenDaily. 15 December 2014, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones Share Santa Barbara's Cinema Vanguard Award (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 December 2014, 8:46 AM, PST)
"Bates Motel" (2013)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of A&E, ABC Family, Amazon, AMC, BBC America, Bet, Bounce TV, and Centric TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 December 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)
- Vancouver Film Production Update - January 2015 (From SneakPeek. 15 December 2014, 7:41 PM, PST)
- 30 Best TV Series of 2014 (From SoundOnSight. 12 December 2014, 9:27 PM, PST)
- Krypton, Gotham and the glut of TV prequels (From Den of Geek. 17 December 2014, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Italy’s Capri-Hollywood Fest To Fete ‘Boyhood’ Star Ellar Coltrane (From Variety - Film News. 16 December 2014, 8:48 AM, PST)
- Finding a Waitress in Paris: Hollywood Takes Over Broadway (From FilmExperience. 3 December 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)