Genre fans know Luna for his film Anguish, starring tiny terror Zelda Rubinstein and Michael Lerner. Luna’s extrememly meta Anguish intertwines a movie-within-a-movie. Viewers watch theatergoers watch another film called The Mommy, that features yet another film within it: the silent movie The Lost World.
In The Mommy, mother and son, John and Alice have a unique relationship that includes hypnosis and cutting out victims’ eyes. Alice can hear what John hears and control him telepathically, forcing him to do all sorts of atrocious things on a killing spree. The film preys upon viewers' public space paranoia, referencing classic genre films including Hitchcock’s The Birds and Psycho as well as Bunuel and Dali’s Un Chien Andalou.
Watch the trailer below. »
- Sara Castillo
Similar News ItemsPenélope Cruz
- Rome’s Cinecitta Studios Lures ‘Ben Hur’ Redo And Other Hollywood Pics (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2014, 6:42 AM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Lego Batman' to 'acknowledge' multiple Batmans (From Hitfix. 22 November 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: 'Running Man' Sequel, 'Interstellar' Prequel, 'Hunger Games' Strikes Back and More (From Movies.com. 22 November 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Spirit Nominee Ag Iñárritu Took Risks on 'Birdman' (Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2014, 3:44 PM, PST)
- ‘Mad Men’s Jared Harris Signs With ICM (From Deadline New York. 24 November 2014, 12:57 PM, PST)
- 24 Hours in the Art World: The Sleepover Edition (From Vulture. 21 November 2014, 3:37 PM, PST)
- Malkovich Becomes Einstein, Marilyn, Picasso and Others in Funny, Creepy, Brilliant Photo Series (From Alt Film Guide. 25 September 2014, 4:34 PM, PDT)
- Jack And The Cuckoo Clock Heart – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 September 2014, 8:12 PM, PDT)