Of all the hype surrounding the Sunday, April 7, return of "Mad Men" -- and the two-hour opener proves itself worthy of the hype -- one aspect is not overstated: the fashion.The AMC show remains TV's fashion trendsetter.
"The biggest reason is that the '60s are the most iconic," "Mad Men" costume designer Janie Bryant tells Zap2it. "I always call the period the American iconic classics -- throughout the whole entire decade. It just remains relevant."
The fashions, at least in the season premiere, are a natural progression from where the show left off in 1967. Hems are shorter but not yet to the point where sitting becomes daring.
It's not just how Don and Megan Draper (Jon Hamm, Jessica Pare) look in (and out of) clothes; it's that "Mad Men" reminds us of glorious clothes. Banana Republic collaborates with the AMC show for the third time, selling a line Bryant designed. »
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- Mad Men’ Creator Matthew Weiner To Make Modern Worldwide Anthology Series For Amazon (From Slash Film. 26 October 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mad Men’ Creator Matthew Weiner Returns To TV With New Amazon Series (From The Playlist. 26 October 2016, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mad Men’ Creator Matthew Weiner Returning to TV with New Anthology Series from Amazon and the Weinstein Company (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 12:03 PM, PDT)
Jon Hamm (I)
- 'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner Is Returning to TV -- Get All the Details! (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 October 2016, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Box Office Democracy: Keeping Up with the Joneses (From Comicmix. 26 October 2016, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Drawing, Gehenna: Where Death Lives, Woom Excerpt, Ithaca Fantastik Fest, The Master Cleanse (From DailyDead. 25 October 2016, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Emmy Creative Arts: TV Costumes Collide With Couture (From Variety - TV News. 3 June 2014, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Costume Stories, This Week: Game of Thrones and Spider-Man 2 (From Clothes on Film. 26 April 2014, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Costume Stories, This Week: The Winter Soldier and Mad Men (From Clothes on Film. 12 April 2014, 1:56 AM, PDT)