Of all the hype surrounding the Sunday, April 7, return of "Mad Men" -- and the two-hour opener proves itself worthy of the hype -- one aspect is not overstated: the fashion.The AMC show remains TV's fashion trendsetter.
"The biggest reason is that the '60s are the most iconic," "Mad Men" costume designer Janie Bryant tells Zap2it. "I always call the period the American iconic classics -- throughout the whole entire decade. It just remains relevant."
The fashions, at least in the season premiere, are a natural progression from where the show left off in 1967. Hems are shorter but not yet to the point where sitting becomes daring.
It's not just how Don and Megan Draper (Jon Hamm, Jessica Pare) look in (and out of) clothes; it's that "Mad Men" reminds us of glorious clothes. Banana Republic collaborates with the AMC show for the third time, selling a line Bryant designed. »
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- Matthew Weiner to Helm ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Episode; Peter Jackson to Direct ‘Doctor Who’? (From Slash Film. 30 November 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera Workplace Comedy Is ‘The Office’ Meets ‘Family Guy’ (From The Wrap. 30 November 2015, 10:20 AM, PST)
- Matthew Weiner to Direct an Episode of Orange Is the New Black, Offer Inmates a Good Deal on Those Leftover Mad Men Cigarettes (From Vulture. 28 November 2015, 5:59 AM, PST)
- 10 Best Movies and TV Shows to Stream in December (From Rolling Stone. 30 November 2015, 5:59 AM, PST)
- Burt Bacharach: A Life in Song review – infuriating, frustrating and fairly insulting (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Jon Hamm ('Mad Men'): Will he finally give long-awaited Golden Globes speech? (From Gold Derby. 24 November 2015, 2:24 PM, PST)
- Emmy Creative Arts: TV Costumes Collide With Couture (From Variety - TV News. 3 June 2014, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Costume Stories, This Week: Game of Thrones and Spider-Man 2 (From Clothes on Film. 26 April 2014, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Costume Stories, This Week: The Winter Soldier and Mad Men (From Clothes on Film. 12 April 2014, 1:56 AM, PDT)