Fans of ABC's "Shark Tank" know that billionaire tech entrepreneurMark Cuban can be bold and quick on the trigger when it comes to making a deal when he sees something he likes.
He's the same as owner of the Dallas Mavericks NBA team. He said earlier this week that he would offer a tryout to women's college basketball star Brittney Griner.
"If she's the best on the board, I would take her," Cuban said. "I've thought about it. I've thought about it already. Would I do it? Right now, I'd lean toward yes, just to see if she can do it. You never know unless you give somebody a chance."
Former NBA player Walter Bond isn't overly optimistic about the 6-foot-8 Griner's chances.
"Miss Griner, Brittney, is a phenomenal talent," Bond, who played three seasons in the NBA and is now a motivational speaker, tells Zap2it. "She has transformed college basketball. »
Similar News Items"Shark Tank" (2009)
- What Has Made DWTS Couple Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson's "Connection Even Stronger"? (From E! Online. 20 April 2015, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- John Oliver Attacks Patent Trolls On ‘Last Week Tonight’ (From Deadline TV. 20 April 2015, 5:42 AM, PDT)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cliffhanger: Who will go home? Chris Soules, Robert Herjavec or no one at all? (From Gold Derby. 19 April 2015, 11:13 PM, PDT)
Food Network [us]
- Reality Aftershows Keep the Party Going (From Variety - TV News. 5 August 2014, 11:41 AM, PDT)
- Food Network, Cooking Channel Taps TruTV Exec to Oversee Program Strategy (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 June 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Food Network Star Returns June 1st – Meet The Contestants (From AreYouScreening. 24 April 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Starmaker Allégret: From Gay Romance with 'Uncle' (and Nobel Winner) Gide to Simon's Movie Mentor (From Alt Film Guide. 27 February 2015, 9:46 PM, PST)
- Treasure Island (1950) (From Sky Movies. 5 March 2014, 4:38 AM, PST)
- 'Giving You the Business': Top food industry employees could win big (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 2 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)