Fans of ABC's "Shark Tank" know that billionaire tech entrepreneurMark Cuban can be bold and quick on the trigger when it comes to making a deal when he sees something he likes.
He's the same as owner of the Dallas Mavericks NBA team. He said earlier this week that he would offer a tryout to women's college basketball star Brittney Griner.
"If she's the best on the board, I would take her," Cuban said. "I've thought about it. I've thought about it already. Would I do it? Right now, I'd lean toward yes, just to see if she can do it. You never know unless you give somebody a chance."
Former NBA player Walter Bond isn't overly optimistic about the 6-foot-8 Griner's chances.
"Miss Griner, Brittney, is a phenomenal talent," Bond, who played three seasons in the NBA and is now a motivational speaker, tells Zap2it. "She has transformed college basketball. »
Similar News Items"Shark Tank" (2009)
- ABC 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 10/5/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 5 October 2015, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Friday TV Ratings: Dr Ken, America's Next Top Model, Amazing Race, Blue Bloods (From TVSeriesFinale. 3 October 2015, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- TV Ratings: 'Dr. Ken' Opens Well After 'Last Man Standing' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 October 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
Food Network [us]
- Food Network Chief Brooke Johnson To Retire (From Deadline TV. 19 August 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Food Network President Brooke Johnson to Retire (From The Wrap. 19 August 2015, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Food Network Star Recap: The Nightmare Before Christmas (From TVLine.com. 26 July 2015, 9:08 PM, PDT)
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: First 'Pirates of the Caribbean' One of Most Enjoyable Summer Blockbusters of Early 21st Century (From Alt Film Guide. 29 June 2015, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Starmaker Allégret: From Gay Romance with 'Uncle' (and Nobel Winner) Gide to Simon's Movie Mentor (From Alt Film Guide. 27 February 2015, 9:46 PM, PST)
- Treasure Island (1950) (From Sky Movies. 5 March 2014, 4:38 AM, PST)