Fans of ABC's "Shark Tank" know that billionaire tech entrepreneurMark Cuban can be bold and quick on the trigger when it comes to making a deal when he sees something he likes.
He's the same as owner of the Dallas Mavericks NBA team. He said earlier this week that he would offer a tryout to women's college basketball star Brittney Griner.
"If she's the best on the board, I would take her," Cuban said. "I've thought about it. I've thought about it already. Would I do it? Right now, I'd lean toward yes, just to see if she can do it. You never know unless you give somebody a chance."
Former NBA player Walter Bond isn't overly optimistic about the 6-foot-8 Griner's chances.
"Miss Griner, Brittney, is a phenomenal talent," Bond, who played three seasons in the NBA and is now a motivational speaker, tells Zap2it. "She has transformed college basketball. »
Similar News ItemsFood Network [us]
- Food Network, Cooking Channel Taps TruTV Exec to Oversee Program Strategy (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 June 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Food Network Star Returns June 1st – Meet The Contestants (From AreYouScreening. 24 April 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Valerie Bertinelli Set To Join Food Network Daytime Lineup (From Variety - TV News. 22 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
"Shark Tank" (2009)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 7/10/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 July 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Nominations Include The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story (From DailyDead. 10 July 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- 66th Annual Emmy Nominations Announced (From We Got This Covered. 10 July 2014, 8:22 AM, PDT)
Cheryl Miller (VI)
- Ewa to host online distribution course (From ScreenDaily. 31 March 2014, 5:55 AM, PDT)
- 'NBA 2K10' Review - There Are A Lot of Basketball Games Out There (From MTV Multiplayer. 27 October 2009, 10:00 AM, PDT)