Roger Ebert's final review has been published by the Chicago Sun-Times.
The legendary film critic - who passed away on Thursday at the age of 70 - awarded Terrence Malick's To the Wonder three-and-a-half stars out of four in the Sun-Times, the newspaper where he began his professional career as a film critic in 1967.
"Appropriately it's a review of a film by a director Mr Ebert held in great esteem," read the introductory note for his To the Wonder review.
Ebert pondered the nature of hopes and dreams in his 704-word verdict, and concluded that some viewers may find the film "elusive and too effervescent".
"They'll be dissatisfied by a film that would rather evoke than supply," Ebert wrote in his closing paragraph. "I understand that, and I think Terrence Malick does, too. But here he has attempted to reach more deeply than that: to reach beneath the surface, »
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Cannes Oscar Buzz: ‘Carol,’ Pixar’s ‘Inside Out,’ Amy Winehouse Doc Lead the Race (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Alejandro G. Inarritu, Marielle Heller Tapped for Sundance Honor (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- New Projects: Help fund ‘Helen Keller vs. Nightwolves’ (From SoundOnSight. 21 May 2015, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Broad Green Adds Drug-Sting Thriller 'The Infiltrator,' Starring Bryan Cranston, to Its Bulging Release Slate (From Thompson on Hollywood. 22 May 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Bryan Cranston’s Drug Drama ‘The Infiltrator’ Bought by Broad Green (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Bill Pohlad wants 'Love & Mercy' to take you inside the genius of Beach Boy Brian Wilson (From Hitfix. 21 May 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
The Tree of Life (2011)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Valley of Love’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015: The Assassin Review – The Most Overrated Film Of The Festival (From Obsessed with Film. 20 May 2015, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- A24 pounces on Us rights to ‘Krisha’ (From ScreenDaily. 19 May 2015, 12:50 AM, PDT)