There will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC's country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.
Accordng to Tfc, the cut is being made because the show's producers won't be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.
The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.
The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network's other new dramas -- Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour -- have tanked.
The decision on Nashville's fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC's upfront presentation »
Similar News Items"Last Resort" (2012)
- TVLine Items: Justin Long Leads ABC Pilot, Colbert's Late Launch & More (From TVLine.com. 11 December 2014, 11:33 AM, PST)
- Competition: Win 'Ida' *closed* (From CineVue. 2 December 2014, 12:51 PM, PST)
- USA Network Sets Suits, Sirens Returns (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
"Red Widow" (2013)
- Extended Ouija TV Spot Wants To Play A Game (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2014, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- Ouija Conjures an Extended TV Spot (From Dread Central. 20 August 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Ouija Trailer Finally Spells Out W-a-t-c-h M-e (From Dread Central. 16 July 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
"Zero Hour" (2013)
- New Us sci-fi, fantasy and horror shows for 2015 (From Den of Geek. 26 November 2014, 6:27 AM, PST)
- Luddington and Lotz in New Stills from The Pact 2 (From Horror Asylum. 22 August 2014)
- IFC Midnight Unveil First Trailer for The Pact 2 (From Horror Asylum. 8 August 2014)