Gist: Not your remake of the Ryan Gosling film, based on Agota Kritóf‘s famous and bestselling novel of the same name (Le Grand Cahier), in a village on the Hungarian border, two young brothers grow up during war time with their cruel grandmother and must learn every trick of evil to survive in the absurd world of adults. Ulrich Thomsen and Ulrich Matthes are among the cast.
Prediction: Filling in the Hungarian film product quota, the veteran helmer has not been to the festival since 97′s Witman fiúk – which screened in the Un Certain Regard section. I think we might be looking at a repeat in the same section.
prev next »
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- Go west, young man by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 19 April 2015, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- Sicario: Benicio Del Toro Takes Aim in First Image from Denis Villeneuve Actioner (From Collider.com. 18 April 2015, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Sos This Week Podcast #4: We discuss the Cannes ’15 lineup (From SoundOnSight. 17 April 2015, 9:23 PM, PDT)
The Notebook (2004)
- Weekend Box Office: Furious 7 Keeps On Trucking (From CinemaNerdz. 13 April 2015, 7:28 AM, PDT)
- Weekend Report: 'Furious 7' Repeats, Sets Opening Day Record in China (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 12 April 2015, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- Box Office Report: Furious 7 Races To #1, Sets Franchise Record (From We Got This Covered. 12 April 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- A Second Chance Review (From The Hollywood News. 20 March 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- A Second Chance review: Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's drama (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 17 March 2015, 3:02 AM, PDT)
- Banshee, Ep. 3.10: “We All Pay Eventually” continues opening doors (From SoundOnSight. 14 March 2015, 2:06 PM, PDT)