One of the most notable aspects of "American Idol" Season 12 has been the feud and ongoing tension between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. But, in two recent "Idol" episodes, the women seemed to get along just fine in one key way: Their dresses matched. Why and how does something like this happen?
First of all, one thing needs to be made very clear. These dresses aren't just a little similar -- they're almost identical in color. We're not talking about a basic black either. One coordinated fashion choice gave us a super-bright red-orange while the other was a lovely (still bright) shade of aquamarine.
Assuming that this is not just a straight-up coincidence, here are a few theories about what's going on with Mariah and Nicki's dresses.
It's part of the rivalry.
These competitive and incompatible women might have decided to turn their feud into a competition over who »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- We haven't celebrated Justin Guarini's Diet Dr. Pepper commercial enough (From Hitfix. 26 March 2015, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Wait, Is That Justin Guarini in the New Diet Dr. Pepper Commercial?! (From E! Online. 26 March 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/26/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 March 2015, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- First Supergirl Villain to Be Played by Mentalist Alum Owain Yeoman (From TVLine.com. 26 March 2015, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Nick Cannon and Jessica White ''Going Really Strong'': Model Is ''Completely Smitten'' With Mariah Carey's Ex (From E! Online. 26 March 2015, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Vice Renewed for Four Expanded Seasons at HBO, Adds Daily Newscast (From TVLine.com. 26 March 2015, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- New Projects: Patty Hearst, ‘Barbershop 3′, and a Lego spinoff (From SoundOnSight. 26 March 2015, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Amber Rose Strips Off on Beach (From Monsters and Critics. 26 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- New Line Joins MGM And Will Release ‘Barbershop 3′ (From Deadline. 25 March 2015, 6:58 PM, PDT)