One of the most notable aspects of "American Idol" Season 12 has been the feud and ongoing tension between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. But, in two recent "Idol" episodes, the women seemed to get along just fine in one key way: Their dresses matched. Why and how does something like this happen?
First of all, one thing needs to be made very clear. These dresses aren't just a little similar -- they're almost identical in color. We're not talking about a basic black either. One coordinated fashion choice gave us a super-bright red-orange while the other was a lovely (still bright) shade of aquamarine.
Assuming that this is not just a straight-up coincidence, here are a few theories about what's going on with Mariah and Nicki's dresses.
It's part of the rivalry.
These competitive and incompatible women might have decided to turn their feud into a competition over who »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Jason Derulo: 'Pressures of Marriage' Led to My Split from Jordin Sparks (From PEOPLE.com. 29 September 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Jason Derulo Talks Jordin Sparks Split: There Was Too Much Marriage Pressure! (From TooFab. 29 September 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- The Voice Preview Video: Will Second Blind Be the Charm for Reggae Artist? (From TVLine.com. 29 September 2014, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Who Is Hannah Davis, Derek Jeter's Girlfriend? (From Uinterview. 26 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- James Franco Goes Shirtless, Amber Rose Flaunts Her Cleavage and More Celebs in Bed—See Their Intimate Pics! (From E! Online. 25 September 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Amber Rose Accuses Wiz Khalifia of Cheating (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 September 2014, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- Joaquin's mutton chops and Belle & Sebastian return plus today's pop culture news (From The Guardian - TV News. 30 September 2014, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- The 25 Hottest Twitpics and Instagrams of September 2014 (From VH1.com. 30 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Nicki Minaj to Host MTV EMAs (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 September 2014, 12:28 AM, PDT)