One of the most notable aspects of "American Idol" Season 12 has been the feud and ongoing tension between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. But, in two recent "Idol" episodes, the women seemed to get along just fine in one key way: Their dresses matched. Why and how does something like this happen?
First of all, one thing needs to be made very clear. These dresses aren't just a little similar -- they're almost identical in color. We're not talking about a basic black either. One coordinated fashion choice gave us a super-bright red-orange while the other was a lovely (still bright) shade of aquamarine.
Assuming that this is not just a straight-up coincidence, here are a few theories about what's going on with Mariah and Nicki's dresses.
It's part of the rivalry.
These competitive and incompatible women might have decided to turn their feud into a competition over who »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Keith Urban Kicks Off New Tour at Good Morning America (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 11 July 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood Forgets Husband Mike Fisher's Twitter Handle on Fourth Wedding Anniversary (From Us Weekly. 11 July 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl Takes Dig at ‘Song Contests’ During HBO's ‘Sonic Highways’ Panel (From The Wrap. 10 July 2014, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Iggy Azalea ties Adele on the singles chart with 'Fancy' (From Hitfix. 9 July 2014, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- 7 Craziest Celebrity Demands (From newser. 6 July 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- Celebrate Fourth of July With Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Demi Lovato and More Stars Singing the National Anthem! (From E! Online. 4 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Chris Brown, Drake -- Screw Rihanna and Friendship ... Let's Make Money!!! (From TMZ. 12 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- 5 Brand New Songs for Your Weekend Playlist: Usher, OneRepublic and More (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 July 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj & Taylor Swift -- Smells Like a Rip-Off ... Perfume Co. Sues Over Celeb Fragrances (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)