Kidney Brothers: Coal Tattoo (Hearpen)
Having grown up and loved from afar, forced to do so after I moved to NYC, there are few bands still playing live -- four decades later -- worthy of my unbridled accolades and devotion but so it is with the heady agro-blues of 15-60-75 Aka The Numbers Band. If you dig music and happen to hail from Northeast Ohio, you know what I'm talking about. Having followed their entire career, I can proudly boast that I'm one of their biggest fans. Yet, it's no leap of faith or youthful nostalgia.
If you've seen them live, regardless of the decade, then you know the passion and verve that the brothers Kidney -- singer/guitarist Bob and harpist/sax/keyboardist/vocalist Jack -- share with their audience, regardless of the size, every single time they take the stage.
Along with horn player Terry Hynde (Pretender »
- Dusty Wright
Similar News ItemsDavid Lynch (I)
- Birdman, The Lego Movie and Breaking Bad among the winners at the 2015 PGA Awards (From Flickeringmyth. 25 January 2015, 2:31 AM, PST)
- ‘Birdman’ Wins Producers Guild Award for Best Movie (From Variety - TV News. 24 January 2015, 8:18 PM, PST)
- ‘Birdman’ Wins Producers Guild Award for Best Movie (From Variety - Film News. 24 January 2015, 8:18 PM, PST)
The Black Keys
- Watch Ryan Adams Perform Bluesy 'Dirty Rain' on 'Acl' (From Rolling Stone. 23 January 2015, 1:37 PM, PST)
- Johnny Depp finds actors-turned-musicians "sickening" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 January 2015, 4:02 AM, PST)
- Can Toni Braxton and Babyface win Grammy for R&B Album for the first time? (From Gold Derby. 16 January 2015, 9:51 PM, PST)
- The Royal Road | 2015 Sundance Film Festival Review (From ioncinema. 23 January 2015, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘The Royal Road’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 January 2015, 12:05 PM, PST)
- Daily | Jump Cut, Filmmaker, Vogel (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 22 January 2015, 6:05 AM, PST)