Liam Hemsworth is reportedly close to taking the lead role in Ricardo de Montreuil's new film, "The Raven." The movie is based on de Montreuil's short of the same name, and is being set up at Universal Pictures.
Deadline has the news and said Universal won't confirm their report. Still, Hemsworth is allegedly considering playing the main character in the science fiction film. It's unclear if his character would be the same as the one that is featured in de Montreuil's award-winning 2010 short of it he would play someone different.
"The Raven" is described as a "sci-fi conspiracy thriller, set in the near future." It's clear from the short, which can be watched below, that this future involves robots of some sort and humans with superhuman powers. Michael Gilio and Justin Marks wrote the feature film's script, and production is expected to start in June.
Hemsworth is best known »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- Exciting Casting Rumors for Jurassic World 2 (From TheHDRoom. 9 December 2016, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Win Pete’s Dragon on Blu-ray™ (From The Hollywood News. 9 December 2016, 6:55 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Draws Fire for Story About Scratching Butt on Sacred Hawaiian Rocks (From The Wrap. 8 December 2016, 3:03 PM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- 'Fast 8' Officially Titled 'The Fate of the Furious' - See a Sneak Peek! (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 December 2016, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Frank & Lola – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 December 2016, 9:32 AM, PST)
- Fast 8 titled The Fate of the Furious, trailer teaser and synopsis released (From Flickeringmyth. 9 December 2016, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Newswire: Luke Hemsworth to sling guns in indie Western Leaving Abilene (From The AV Club. 9 December 2016, 10:07 AM, PST)
- Hollywood's Comeback Stars of 2016: Selena Gomez, Bruno Mars, Teresa Giudice and More Who Returned Better Than Ever (From E! Online. 7 December 2016, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Chris Pratt Shares Waiter Past, Admits To Eating Customers’ Leftovers (From ET Canada. 5 December 2016, 6:44 AM, PST)