Casting is underway for Marvel’s upcoming film Guardians of the Galaxy, set to be directed by James Gunn. We’ve already heard that Chris Pratt will play Star-Lord and that David Bautista will take on the role of Drax The Destroyer.
Today, we’re receiving news from The Hollywood Reporter that actress Zoe Saldana will play Gamora in Marvel’s Phase Two film.
According to Wikipedia, Gamora is “the adopted daughter of the supervillain Thanos, and the last of her species. Her powers include superhuman strength and agility and an accelerated healing factor.” Seeing as she’s related to Thanos, the villain that appeared at the end of The Avengers (also rumoured to be in The Avengers 2), it’s a bit easier to see how everything will tie together in Phase Two.
To be honest, I’m not too familiar with the story behind the Guardians of the »
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- ‘Live With Kelly’ Reveals Co-Hosts for Second Week of October (From The Wrap. 28 September 2016, 4:09 PM, PDT)
- New images from Wonder Woman see Gal Gadot in action (From Flickeringmyth. 26 September 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The CW at 10: How the Network Found Its Footing With Superheroes & Strong Women (From Variety - TV News. 23 September 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- ‘Fight Club’: Meat Loaf Reveals How He Helped David Fincher Pick Key Takes During the Directing Process (From Indiewire. 29 September 2016, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Cinematic Trailer For Titanfall 2’s Single-Player Campaign Teases Bond Between Pilot And Titan (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- 30th Anniversary of Aliens – This Weekend Midnights at The Tivoli (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 September 2016, 6:10 PM, PDT)
- Sigourney Weaver On Alien 5: “I Hope We Get To Do It” (From We Got This Covered. 24 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Deadpool’s Ed Skrein joins Alita: Battle Angel (From The AV Club. 22 September 2016, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Ed Skrein in Talks to Join James Cameron’s ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 September 2016, 2:33 PM, PDT)