3 April 2013 11:29 AM, PDT | HollywoodLife | See recent HollywoodLife news »

After the shocking and sad news of Shain Gandee’s death on Monday April 1, the MTV star’s family is now speaking out about his ‘peaceful’ passing. Read on for all the details.

Shain Gandee, along with his uncle David Gandee and friend Donald Robert Myers died of carbon monoxide poisoning while four wheeling near the Buckwild star’s West Virginia home.

Shane’s cousin Ashley Gandee Lewis, 21, wrote on her Facebook page, “I just wanted to let everyone know that the family feels that Shain died peacefully in his sleep without pain or suffering. That it probably was carbon monoxide. They are making arrangement[s] now for his funeral. Nothing is confirmed but they are thinking Saturday.”

Money Raised For Funeral

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, two production companies have offered to pay for Shain’s funeral services, something his cash-strapped family had been attempting to do.

Buckwild producer J.P. Williams, »

- Sandra Clark

Report a problem



Similar News Items

Ashley Hebert (II)
J.P. Rosenbaum
Sandra Clark (III)


IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners