A man in New Zealand who saw Jack Reacher at a local cinema has been refunded after complaining over a missing explosion.
J Congdon raised the issue with the country's Advertising Standards Authority when he noticed that one which appeared in the trailer was cut from the final film, reports Yahoo! Movies.
He stated: "The explosion where the whole cliff comes down was the defining part of the ad that made me really want to go see the movie... aside from having Tom Cruise in it."
Paramount responded: "Despite our best intentions, it is always possible that certain scenes appearing in an advertisement or trailer may not appear in the final version of a film.
"The explosion in question was a single split-second element omitted from a 130-minute-long action film."
However, the studio did refund Congdon.
In January 2012, a cinema in Liverpool gave moviegoers their money back when they complained »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Celebrity Splits You Didn't See Coming (From Popsugar. 31 January 2015, 2:05 AM, PST)
- TMZ Live: Suge Knight -- Legendary Rap Mogul Charged with Murder (From TMZ. 30 January 2015, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Paul Thomas Anderson praises Edge of Tomorrow & The Grand Budapest Hotel (From JoBlo. 30 January 2015, 1:33 AM, PST)
Jack Reacher (2012)
- Mission: Impossible 5 Coming Five Months Sooner Than Expected (From Obsessed with Film. 27 January 2015, 7:39 AM, PST)
- Mission: Impossible 5 arriving five months early (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 10:41 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible 5 shifted forward to summer release (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 January 2015, 3:43 PM, PST)