After reaching the dizzying heights of the magical $1 billion mark with 2010's Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton came back down to Earth with a bump last year as both Dark Shadows and Frankenweenie struggled to light up the box office, and the less said about the Burton-produced Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter the better.
However, the filmmaker seems to be wasting little time in picking himself up for his next directorial offering, with Deadline reporting that Burton has signed on helm the long-in-development Big Eyes from Ed Wood screenwriters Larry Karaszewski and Scott Alexander, whose other credits include The People vs. Larry Flynt, Man on the Moon and the upcoming Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and Monopoly.
Big Eyes tells the story of Walter and Margaret Keane, who enjoyed huge success in the 1950s and 60s selling Margaret's artwork (featuring unusually large-eyed children) under her husband's name, until they divorced and »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsMan of Steel (2013)
- "Supergirl" Series Casts More Key Roles (From Dark Horizons. 26 February 2015, 10:36 PM, PST)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - More 'Batmobile' (From SneakPeek. 26 February 2015, 6:57 PM, PST)
- Daredevil gets a new poster (From Flickeringmyth. 26 February 2015, 1:33 PM, PST)
Tim Burton (I)
- The Secret Formula Behind Disney's 'Cinderella' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 February 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Directors' Trademarks: Stanley Kubrick (From Cinelinx. 26 February 2015, 5:21 PM, PST)
- ‘Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday’ Plans Revealed By Netflix (From The Hollywood News. 25 February 2015, 4:00 AM, PST)
Ryan Reynolds (I)
- Glasgow 2015: 'The Voices' review (From CineVue. 27 February 2015, 5:38 AM, PST)
- Blake Lively and Jason Clarke join Marc Forster's All I See Is You (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 February 2015, 1:48 AM, PST)
- Comics on Film: How to Relaunch 'Green Lantern' Through 'Rebirth' (From Movies.com. 26 February 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)