Thank you. Forty-six years ago on April 3, 1967, I became the film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times. Some of you have read my reviews and columns and even written to me since that time. Others were introduced to my film criticism through the television show, my books, the website, the film festival, or the Ebert Club and newsletter. However you came to know me, I'm glad you did and thank you for being the best readers any film critic could ask for.
Typically, I write over 200 reviews a year for the Sun-Times that are carried by Universal Press Syndicate in some 200 newspapers. Last year, I wrote the most of my career, including 306 movie reviews, a blog post or two a week, and assorted other articles. I must slow down now, which is why I'm taking what I like to call "a leave of presence."
What in the world is a leave of presence? »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Alejandro G. Inarritu, Marielle Heller Tapped for Sundance Honor (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- New Projects: Help fund ‘Helen Keller vs. Nightwolves’ (From SoundOnSight. 21 May 2015, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- The Oral History of the Human Centipede Movies (It’s Pretty Gross) (From Vulture. 21 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- What’s New on Netflix: June 2015 (From Vulture. 21 May 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Adam Driver Gets Maui Film Festival's Shining Star Award (From Thompson on Hollywood. 21 May 2015, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: After Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Niels Juul Seeks to Bring Other Cecchi Gori Properties to the Bigscreen (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Spielberg and Daughter (with 'Indiana Jones' Actress Capshaw) on Oscars Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 14 May 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Unmasking “Batman: Dead End” Director Sandy Collora (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 11 May 2015, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Pre-Incredible Hulk Ruffalo and Wife Looking Stylish Together on Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 7 May 2015, 1:58 AM, PDT)