Thank you. Forty-six years ago on April 3, 1967, I became the film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times. Some of you have read my reviews and columns and even written to me since that time. Others were introduced to my film criticism through the television show, my books, the website, the film festival, or the Ebert Club and newsletter. However you came to know me, I'm glad you did and thank you for being the best readers any film critic could ask for.
Typically, I write over 200 reviews a year for the Sun-Times that are carried by Universal Press Syndicate in some 200 newspapers. Last year, I wrote the most of my career, including 306 movie reviews, a blog post or two a week, and assorted other articles. I must slow down now, which is why I'm taking what I like to call "a leave of presence."
What in the world is a leave of presence? »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Watch: Behind the Scenes of Ebertfest with Spike Lee, Steve James, Oliver Stone and More (Exclusive) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 18 December 2014, 1:44 PM, PST)
- 25 Years Later, Revel in the Nostalgia of The Wizard (From PEOPLE.com. 18 December 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Flashback: Fred Savage & Jenny Lewis In Cult Classic 'The Wizard,' Aka 1989's Biggest Nintendo Ad (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 December 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- HBO Details Martin Scorsese's Upcoming Druggy, 'Sex-Fueled' Music Biz Show (From Rolling Stone. 19 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Matthew Vaughn has switched from film to digital, plus new Kingsman trailer (From JoBlo. 19 December 2014, 2:32 AM, PST)
- Skip Lievsay to Receive Motion Picture Sound Editors Career Achievement Award (From Variety - Film News. 18 December 2014, 2:18 PM, PST)
- Sony Hack: The Steve Jobs Biopic Saga and What Angelina Jolie's 'Cleopatra' Had to Do With It (From Rope Of Silicon. 15 December 2014, 8:12 AM, PST)
- Film Review: No Faith in the Spectacle of ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 12 December 2014, 6:57 PM, PST)
- Sega Looking To Turn Its Games Into Movies (From LatinoReview. 12 December 2014, 12:58 AM, PST)