Thank you. Forty-six years ago on April 3, 1967, I became the film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times. Some of you have read my reviews and columns and even written to me since that time. Others were introduced to my film criticism through the television show, my books, the website, the film festival, or the Ebert Club and newsletter. However you came to know me, I'm glad you did and thank you for being the best readers any film critic could ask for.
Typically, I write over 200 reviews a year for the Sun-Times that are carried by Universal Press Syndicate in some 200 newspapers. Last year, I wrote the most of my career, including 306 movie reviews, a blog post or two a week, and assorted other articles. I must slow down now, which is why I'm taking what I like to call "a leave of presence."
What in the world is a leave of presence? »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Cinematic gifts from 2014 (From Hollywoodnews.com. 25 December 2014, 8:19 AM, PST)
- Looking Back: Alex's Top 10 Documentaries of 2014 - Ghibli to Ebert (From FirstShowing.net. 23 December 2014, 6:19 PM, PST)
- Film Feature: The 10 Best Films of 2014, By Patrick McDonald (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 December 2014, 1:07 PM, PST)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- 12 best performances of 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Roger Deakins got the biggest compliment of his career for 'The Shawshank Redemption' (From Hitfix. 26 December 2014, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Review: A Most Violent Year (From JoBlo. 25 December 2014, 4:49 PM, PST)
- Sony Hack: The Steve Jobs Biopic Saga and What Angelina Jolie's 'Cleopatra' Had to Do With It (From Rope Of Silicon. 15 December 2014, 8:12 AM, PST)
- Film Review: No Faith in the Spectacle of ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 12 December 2014, 6:57 PM, PST)
- Sega Looking To Turn Its Games Into Movies (From LatinoReview. 12 December 2014, 12:58 AM, PST)