No big surprise here! In last night's Jimmy Fallon/Jay Leno duet, the late night hosts didn't deny the possibility that Fallon was being primed to take Leno's place as the host of "The Tonight Show," moving the show to NYC. Now, THR reports that Fallon has indeed closed a deal to take over Leno's position when Leno's contract with NBC expires.
Though NBC refuses to comment, Leno's contract with "The Tonight Show" expires in Sept. 2014. Reports suggest that Fallon could take over as early as February 2014, when NBC will be covering the Winter Olympics.
As for who will take over "Late Night" for Fallon, "Saturday Night Live" favorite Seth Meyers is said to be the frontrunner, particularly because he's a protege of "Late Night" boss Lorne Michaels. According to THR, no announcement will be made about the NBC lineup until a deal is closed with Meyers. »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Saturday TV Ratings: Live From New York!, 48 Hours, College Football (From TVSeriesFinale. 4 October 2015, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- SNL Pokes Fun at Taylor Swift's Girl Squad in Their Latest Skit (From Popsugar. 4 October 2015, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Saturday Night Live Recap: Miley Throws a Party In The S.N.L. (From Vulture. 4 October 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Critic's Notebook: 'SNL' Season Premiere Showcases Hillary Clinton, Wastes Miley Cyrus (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 October 2015, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Leonardo DiCaprio For Not Sharing His Vape Pen (From TooFab. 2 October 2015, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Has Emotional Interview With Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’ (From Uinterview. 2 October 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- The Muppets: Kermit's 'Free Pass' List and More Naughty Bits From Episode 2 (From TVLine.com. 29 September 2015, 5:29 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sabado Gigante,’ the World’s Longest-Running TV Variety Show, Says Adios (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The 32 Greatest Talk-Show Hosts Ever, Ranked (From Vulture. 8 September 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)