No big surprise here! In last night's Jimmy Fallon/Jay Leno duet, the late night hosts didn't deny the possibility that Fallon was being primed to take Leno's place as the host of "The Tonight Show," moving the show to NYC. Now, THR reports that Fallon has indeed closed a deal to take over Leno's position when Leno's contract with NBC expires.
Though NBC refuses to comment, Leno's contract with "The Tonight Show" expires in Sept. 2014. Reports suggest that Fallon could take over as early as February 2014, when NBC will be covering the Winter Olympics.
As for who will take over "Late Night" for Fallon, "Saturday Night Live" favorite Seth Meyers is said to be the frontrunner, particularly because he's a protege of "Late Night" boss Lorne Michaels. According to THR, no announcement will be made about the NBC lineup until a deal is closed with Meyers. »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Tracee Ellis Ross: 'There aren't many film roles for black women' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 May 2015, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- 17 Chris Pratt Pictures That'll Make You Weak in the Knees (From Popsugar. 27 May 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Reasons ‘Kung Fury’ Was the Most Awesome Project in Cannes (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2015, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Tracy Morgan, Walmart Settle Lawsuit Over Highway Accident (From Variety - TV News. 27 May 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Sting, Jimmy Fallon’s Barbershop Quartet ‘The Ragtime Gals’ Rock Out ‘Roxanne’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 May 2015, 7:56 AM, PDT)
- Last Night on Late Night, 5/21/15: Conan gives his staff a performance review and Heidi Klum smuggles scrotums (From SoundOnSight. 22 May 2015, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- Winning: The Racing Life Of Paul Newman – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 May 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- David Letterman’s Final Show Draws Biggest Audience in Over 20 Years (From Vulture. 21 May 2015, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Letterman Finale Ratings: Show’s Fourth Largest Audience Ever (13.8 Million) (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2015, 7:44 AM, PDT)