No big surprise here! In last night's Jimmy Fallon/Jay Leno duet, the late night hosts didn't deny the possibility that Fallon was being primed to take Leno's place as the host of "The Tonight Show," moving the show to NYC. Now, THR reports that Fallon has indeed closed a deal to take over Leno's position when Leno's contract with NBC expires.
Though NBC refuses to comment, Leno's contract with "The Tonight Show" expires in Sept. 2014. Reports suggest that Fallon could take over as early as February 2014, when NBC will be covering the Winter Olympics.
As for who will take over "Late Night" for Fallon, "Saturday Night Live" favorite Seth Meyers is said to be the frontrunner, particularly because he's a protege of "Late Night" boss Lorne Michaels. According to THR, no announcement will be made about the NBC lineup until a deal is closed with Meyers. »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Saturday Ratings: Ten Commandments, Werdum vs. Browne, 48 Hours, Dateline Saturday Mystery (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 April 2014, 1:14 AM, PDT)
- SNL Will Celebrate Its 40th Anniversary With a TV Special (From Vulture. 20 April 2014, 9:29 PM, PDT)
- Happy 10th birthday Mean Girls, Tina Fey's timeless teen comedy (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 April 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Meme: Pat Sajak Declares His Heterosexuality, Hedwig Curses Out Audience Member, Billy Eichner Feels More Loved By Comedy Than Gays (From The Backlot. 21 April 2014, 5:14 AM, PDT)
- Michelle Obama to Guest Star on 'Nashville' (From Rolling Stone. 20 April 2014, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Saturday Night Live Plans 40th Anniversary Celebration (From We Got This Covered. 19 April 2014, 4:31 AM, PDT)
- Conan 'Weirdly Out-of-Touch' at MTV Awards (From newser. 14 April 2014, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Conan O'Brien says Stephen Colbert is the 'right person' for 'Late Show' -- Video (From EW.com - Inside TV. 13 April 2014, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Conan O’Brien Says He Wasn’t in Running for Letterman’s Job (From Variety - TV News. 12 April 2014, 12:24 PM, PDT)