Am I the only one excited for David Fincher’s 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea? Mostly because it’s a combination of the director of Seven with Jules Verne and Disney? Really? Well, whether you’re excited or not, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is inching ever closer to production, for Australia has offered itself as a potential site for production once Disney greenlights the picture.
Australia has reportedly offered Disney a flat $22.5m to shoot the Jules Verne underwater epic. Quite a big incentive for Disney producers to get in gear and actually give the project the green light. In fact, it’s the biggest incentive Australia has ever offered to a film production. They really want this one.
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Box office report: 'Apes' conquers, 'Boyhood' starts strong (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 13 July 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' rises to $73 million as 'Boyhood' shines (From Hitfix. 13 July 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan Tatum Ring in Fifth Wedding Anniversary With Everly: Picture (From Us Weekly. 13 July 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Set Visit, 'Gone Girl' and 'Exodus' Trailers, and More (From Movies.com. 11 July 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: 'Game of Thrones' vet Rose Leslie joins Vin Diesel project (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 11 July 2014, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- Colin Farrell in talks for 'True Detective' season 2 (From EW.com - Inside TV. 11 July 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Rage’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 July 2014, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Someone Has Taken Ryan Reynolds’ Daughter in The Captive Trailer (From Beyond Hollywood. 11 July 2014, 8:38 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive ‘Non-Stop’ How To Behave In The Neeson Universe Infographic! (From The Hollywood News. 11 July 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)