New York — A puppeteer who was the voice of Elmo on "Sesame Street" is being sued for the fifth time, accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy.
In a federal lawsuit filed in New York on Tuesday, 25-year-old Kevin Kiadii (kee-eh'-dee) says he was 16 when he met Kevin Clash during an online chat.
Kiadii attorney Jeff Herman says Clash sent a limousine to pick up the teen in Brooklyn and take him to his Manhattan apartment for sex.
Herman represents four other people who filed similar lawsuits. He acknowledges his clients were compliant but says the 52-year-old puppeteer took advantage of them by playing father to them.
Clash resigned from "Sesame Street" in November. He has denied any wrongdoing. His lawyer hasn't responded to a call for comment on the latest lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages. »
Similar News Items"Sesame Street" (1969)
- Vicar of Dibley to deliver Thought for the Day (From The Guardian - TV News. 6 March 2014, 6:50 PM, PST)
- Our Favorite Oscars! Oscar-Named People (And Things) We Love (From TheFabLife - Movies. 24 February 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Stranger By The Lake, Only Lovers Left Alive, Nymphomaniac: this week's new films (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 February 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ Trailer Reveals Kermit’s Evil Doppelganger (From HollywoodLife. 20 November 2013, 11:45 AM, PST)
- Blu-ray Review - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Movie Collection (From Flickeringmyth. 28 October 2013, 5:21 AM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie Collection Blu-ray review (From Den of Geek. 28 October 2013, 3:34 AM, PDT)