Feroz Abbas Khan's Dekh Tamasha Dekh is all set to open the prestigious New York Indian Film Festival on 30th April, at New York University's celebrated Skirball Centre. Mira Nair's Namesake and Deepa Mehta's Water are amongst the previous opening night films.
Commenting on the same, Feroz Abbas Khan, whose first film Gandhi My Father received several National and International Awards and opened to rave reviews, says, "Dekh Tamasha Dekh, is a social and political satire that deals with an Impossible India, where bizarre is normal."
It is an Eros International and Bombay Local Pictures Production. »
- Bollywood Hungama News Network
Similar News ItemsMira Nair
- Why Indian Censorship Is Hurting the Country’s Cinema (From Indiewire. 27 February 2017, 11:18 AM, PST)
- Ellen Ripley, Alien, and the rise of the modern Ripleys (From Den of Geek. 5 February 2017, 7:15 AM, PST)
- Disney Has Worst Track Record Backing Black Directors (Study) (From Variety - Film News. 1 February 2017, 1:24 PM, PST)
- The Lunchbox director feels cinema & sports need encouragement from government (From BollywoodHungama. 29 December 2016, 9:24 PM, PST)
- Whistler Film Festival: 36% Films Directed by Women (From Sydney's Buzz. 6 December 2016, 11:29 PM, PST)
- Whistler Film Festival 2016 Winners (From Sydney's Buzz. 6 December 2016, 11:01 PM, PST)
Eros International [in]
- Eros International has exciting line up of films for 2017-2018 (From Bollyspice. 12 January 2017, 9:40 PM, PST)
- India’s Eros Sets 50-Film Production Slate to Feed Digital Platform (From Variety - Film News. 12 January 2017, 12:01 AM, PST)
- Expect a bouquet of versatile genres from Colour Yellow Productions this year (From Bollyspice. 7 January 2017, 1:11 AM, PST)