The marketing team at Focus Features apparently hasn't noticed that "The Place Beyond the Pines" has one of the most good-looking casts of this movie year -- or any other, for that matter. Why struggle with how to sell Derek Cianfrance's latest multi-layered mopey melodrama when you can just embrace the age-old practice of Truth in Advertising? This isn't rocket science, people.
The most honest (or most shameless, however you want to look at it) approach is usually the most effective. Compare our poster to the original and tell us which would get more asses in the seats.
More NextMovie Originals View Gallery » »
- NextMovie Staff
Similar News ItemsFocus Features [us]
- "Signal," "Snowpiercer," "Guest" Set Dates (From Dark Horizons. 7 March 2014, 5:38 PM, PST)
- Focus Features Sends Out The Signal in June (From Dread Central. 7 March 2014, 3:08 PM, PST)
- ‘The Signal’ Release Date: Sundance Sci-Fi Thriller Will Be Unleashed in Summer 2014 (From Slash Film. 7 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)
- The Best Film Scores of 2013 (From SoundOnSight. 2 March 2014, 12:07 PM, PST)
- As Oscars Loom, Here’s One Last Look at Some Great Shut-Outs (From Variety - Film News. 1 March 2014, 6:17 PM, PST)
- Top 10 Directors Who Made it Big at Sundance (From HeyUGuys. 28 February 2014, 4:45 AM, PST)
The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)
- First Look At Dane DeHaan As James Dean In Anton Corbijn’s Life (From We Got This Covered. 6 March 2014, 5:14 PM, PST)
- First Look Photo: Robert Pattinson in James Dean Biopic 'Life' (Photo) (From Moviefone. 6 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Felony’ (From Variety - Film News. 3 March 2014, 7:19 PM, PST)