It seems like the delay of G.I. Joe: Retaliation paid off for Paramount. The movie easily took first place for the weekend, earning an estimated $41 million and a total of $51.7 million since opening on Thursday. It had a smaller production budget than the first movie and is already doing quite well internationally, so this should be a decent win for Paramount.
In second place, was The Croods, which has earned $88.6 million since opening. Third place went to Tyler Perry’s new release, Temptation, which earned $22.3 million, while Olympus Has Fallen added another $11 million to its take over the weekend. Oz The Great and Powerful is less than $2 million shy of the $200 million mark and should cross it over the next couple of days. In sixth place was The Host, which had a disappointing opening of only $11 million.
Next weekend sees the wide release of Evil Dead and Jurassic Park 3D, »
- Jonathan James
Similar News ItemsJurassic Park (1993)
- Laura Dern Wants to Return in Final Jurassic World Sequel (From MovieWeb. 24 March 2017, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Lucasfilm won’t alter Star Wars: The Last Jedi as a result of Carrie Fisher’s passing (From Flickeringmyth. 24 March 2017, 5:32 AM, PDT)
- NYC Weekend Watch: Sci-Fi Essentials, British New Wave, Cross-Dressing & More (From The Film Stage. 23 March 2017, 7:19 PM, PDT)
Tyler Perry (I)
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Will Overpower ‘Power Rangers’ and Other Openers (From Indiewire. 23 March 2017, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- CBS Has Renewed 17 Shows! What's Coming Back, and What May Not (From BuzzSugar. 23 March 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- If Loving You Is Wrong: Season Four Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 March 2017, 9:17 PM, PDT)
Spring Breakers (2012)
- Selena Gomez on Being Bullied at the Disney Channel aka ‘The Biggest High School in the World’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 March 2017, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Spring Break to Continue Forever On Mysterious Streaming Platform (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 March 2017, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Digital Series In The Works (From The Playlist. 22 March 2017, 6:28 AM, PDT)