The Us war on drugs has cost one trillion dollars and resulted in 45m arrests. And yet nothing has changed, argues film-maker Eugene Jarecki, a polemical campaigner to reform America's drugs laws. So what did the prisoners in a New York jail think when he showed them his documentary?
Once consigned to the fringes of libertarianism, the argument for the legalisation of drugs has received an unlikely boost in America in recent months with the release of a documentary entitled The House I Live In. Coinciding with the decision by the states of Colorado and Washington to legalise marijuana, the film won the Grand Jury prize at the Sundance film festival last year and has arrived at a moment when Americans are beginning to reconsider the efficacy of their nation's drug policy.
Packed with facts, stories and polemics, the film traces the history of America's changing attitudes to drugs and »
- Andrew Anthony
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Film & TV Casting: Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders, Brad Pitt And Tommy Lee Jones In Ad Astra (From Film-Book. 25 June 2017, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Loves To Read Bedtime Stories To The Twins & Skype With All Kids When Apart (From HollywoodLife. 25 June 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt “Hurts” From Missing His Kids Story Made Up By HollywoodLife (From GossipCop. 25 June 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Mobb Deep's Prodigy Dead at 42: Tributes Roll In as Rappers Mourn (From PEOPLE.com. 20 June 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- A Detailed Timeline of Beyoncé and Jay Z’s Relationship (From PEOPLE.com. 17 June 2017, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- Tupac Biopic ‘All Eyez on Me’ Premieres in Westwood (From Variety - Film News. 15 June 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Kyle Chandler, Jason Clarke, and Corey Stoll Join Damien Chazelle’s ‘First Man’ (From Slash Film. 23 June 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- J. Hoberman’s Best Movies of the 21st Century (From Indiewire. 20 June 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Black Panther, Detroit, War for the Planet of the Apes, and more make our weekly movie news (From Cineplex. 16 June 2017, 12:43 PM, PDT)