The actress and the company that made the film were sued by Croatian author James Braddock, who said that it was partly based on his book The Soul Shattering.
However, Us District Judge Dolly Gee said that although both are centred on war romances, the plots, characters and themes in the two works were not "substantially" similar.
Braddock has now been ordered to tell the court why his complaint should not be dismissed with prejudice.
The 2011 film was Jolie's directional debut. She also wrote and co-produced it.
It was previously reported that the Coen Brothers are to rewrite Jolie's upcoming Unbroken.
The 2010 book on which the film is based tells the true story of World War II hero Lou Zamperini. The Olympic runner crashed in the Pacific in 1943 with two other men. »
Similar News ItemsAngelina Jolie Pitt
- Announcing the 2016 Popsugar 100! (From Popsugar. 22 July 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- The Ultimate Bikini Movie Gallery (From BuzzSugar. 21 July 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Gwen Stefani Almost Costarred With Brad Pitt in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (From BuzzSugar. 21 July 2016, 8:50 AM, PDT)
Francis Lawrence (II)
- Lionsgate CEO Talks Future of ‘Hunger Games’ Franchise, Starz Merger (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- CAA's Adam Berkowitz: Film talent still flocking to TV (From ScreenDaily. 12 July 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Adam Berkowitz: Film talent flocking to TV (From ScreenDaily. 12 July 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson featured in new Ghost in the Shell behind-the-scenes image (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2016, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- Ghost in the Shell producer addresses Scarlett Johansson casting controversy (From Flickeringmyth. 2 July 2016, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Don’t Worry Baby’ Exclusive Trailer: Father & Son Discover One Of Them Has Fathered The Child of a One Night Stand (From Indiewire. 29 June 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)