The actress and the company that made the film were sued by Croatian author James Braddock, who said that it was partly based on his book The Soul Shattering.
However, Us District Judge Dolly Gee said that although both are centred on war romances, the plots, characters and themes in the two works were not "substantially" similar.
Braddock has now been ordered to tell the court why his complaint should not be dismissed with prejudice.
The 2011 film was Jolie's directional debut. She also wrote and co-produced it.
It was previously reported that the Coen Brothers are to rewrite Jolie's upcoming Unbroken.
The 2010 book on which the film is based tells the true story of World War II hero Lou Zamperini. The Olympic runner crashed in the Pacific in 1943 with two other men. »
Similar News ItemsAngelina Jolie
- The Callow Way – Why Stars Are Worth Their Huge Salaries (From Flickeringmyth. 29 March 2015, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie, Shiloh and Zahara Steal the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (From TooFab. 29 March 2015, 6:41 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Gives Great Speech to Kids (From AwardsDaily. 28 March 2015, 9:29 PM, PDT)
Francis Lawrence (II)
- Natalie Dormer Flaunts Fit Figure in Sexy Cut-Out Dress for Self, Reveals Her Secret to Staying in Shape (Sans Trainer!) (From E! Online. 24 March 2015, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Poster and teaser trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 18 March 2015, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (From SneakPeek. 18 March 2015, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Is Too Cute For Words With Shiloh and Zahara at the Kids' Choice Awards (From Popsugar. 28 March 2015, 7:26 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Makes First Post-Surgery Appearance at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards (Photos) (From The Wrap. 28 March 2015, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- Unbroken Blu-ray Giveaway (From CinemaNerdz. 26 March 2015, 2:18 PM, PDT)