The international trailer for The Wolverine was released this week. From a costume point of view the most interesting thing in it was Hugh Jackman wearing an awful lot of black. In the context of the story his character travels to Japan and falls in with a Yakuza clan. Black suits, shirts and ties are the unofficial uniform of the Yakuza, a look largely adopted from Hollywood gangster movies. The use of black in costume design denotes mystery, death and for want of a better word, ‘coolness’; it is as obviously symbolic as sexy red or cold blue.
To honour The Wolverine and his tendency to layer black on black (and black on black) we have compiled a list of the most interesting posts centred around this colour at Clothes on Film. As usual click the image to take you to the article.
Monica Belluci as Malèna, a woman punished »
- Chris Laverty
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- The Wolverine 3 Casts Former ER Actor Eriq La Salle (From We Got This Covered. 4 May 2016, 6:57 PM, PDT)
- Former ER Actor Eriq La Salle Joins The Cast Of The Wolverine 3 In An Unspecified Role (From ComicBookMovie. 4 May 2016, 4:43 PM, PDT)
- Eriq Lasalle Joins Cast of ‘Wolverine 3’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 May 2016, 4:08 PM, PDT)
- Ennio Morricone European Tour Dates Cancelled due to Health Concerns (From Variety - Film News. 4 May 2016, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- The 80 Best-Directed Films, According to the Directors Guild of America (From The Film Stage. 3 May 2016, 6:59 AM, PDT)
- AFI to Honor Quentin Tarantino, Rita Moreno With Honorary Degrees (From Variety - Film News. 2 May 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
The Hangover (2009)
- Red & Green Band Trailers: "Bad Moms" (From Dark Horizons. 3 May 2016, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- Red And Green Band Trailers For Summer Comedy Bad Moms Land Online (From We Got This Covered. 3 May 2016, 6:28 AM, PDT)
- Watch The Red Band Trailer For Bad Moms (From TheMovieBit. 3 May 2016, 3:55 AM, PDT)