Prana Studios, an India-us firm has placed the winning bid to acquire Rhythm and Hues, the studio behind the creation of Ang Lee’s Life of Pi. The bidding value is estimated to be at $ 17.8 million, of which $1.2 million will be paid in cash, $16,277,020 will be invested in clearing debt, and an estimated $327,222 in cure amounts.
A California bankruptcy court approved the sale on Friday afternoon.
VFX house Rhythm and Hues Studios filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding in the United States on February 23, 2013. This year the studio won a BAFTA award and an Oscar for visual effects in Life of Pi. Formed in 1987, Rhythm and Hues Studios has branches in Mumbai and Hyderabad in India, Los Angeles, Kuala Lumpur, Vancouver and Kaohsiung. Some of the noted films »
Similar News ItemsDjango Unchained (2012)
- Weinstein Company COO David Glasser Exiting (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- WWE Owner Vince McMahon's a Raging Hypocrite … He Hurled the N-Word, Too (From TMZ. 25 July 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- New trailer, images and updated synopsis for Spectre (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2015, 12:44 AM, PDT)
TRON: Legacy (2010)
- Look at what you've done Hollywood; Bruce Boxleitner is done with Tron (From JoBlo. 30 July 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- The Summer That Rebooted the Reboot (From SoundOnSight. 25 July 2015, 6:21 PM, PDT)
- Video of the Day: Watch a supercut of video game movies (From SoundOnSight. 24 July 2015, 1:09 PM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- Toronto International Film Festival’s South Asian Connections (From Bollyspice. 30 July 2015, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Pope Delays New York Film Festival’s 2015 Opening Night (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Alex Reviews Pixels – A Film About Video Games For People Who Hate Video Games (From Obsessed with Film. 29 July 2015, 8:20 AM, PDT)