The troubled visual effects industry is facing a major shift, as three VFX shops announced major changes Friday, including the buyout of Life of Pi’s visual effects company Rhythm & Hues.
EW gave you the low-down on the struggles of the VFX industry that have been getting a bigger spotlight since Rhythm & Hues filed for bankruptcy in February. Here’s an update with the latest on three visual effects shops whose collective work includes Life of Pi, the Twilight Saga, and Doctor Who.
Rhythm & Hues, the VFX company behind the Oscar-winning effects in Life of Pi, started its bankruptcy auction »
- Emily Rome
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Check Out Over 20 Images from the Jurassic World Trailer (From Collider.com. 25 November 2014, 6:28 PM, PST)
- Disney Considers Possible Star Wars TV Series (From Boomtron. 25 November 2014, 5:53 PM, PST)
- What Happened When The Phantom Menace's Trailer Was Shown In Theaters (From Cinema Blend. 25 November 2014, 4:47 PM, PST)
James Cameron (I)
- Ves honour for Ridley Scott (From ScreenDaily. 25 November 2014, 3:06 PM, PST)
- Ridley Scott To Receive Visual Effects Society Lifetime Achievement Award (From Variety - Film News. 25 November 2014, 11:43 AM, PST)
- ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ Director Ridley Scott on Creating His Vision of Moses (From Variety - Film News. 25 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
Will Smith (I)
- 14 Things You Can Teach Your Family This Thanksgiving (From E! Online. 25 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Bergeron -- Cracks Erin Andrews Stalking Joke (From TMZ. 25 November 2014, 5:30 AM, PST)
- The Rise of Gugu Mbatha-Raw (From Scott Feinberg. 24 November 2014, 7:03 AM, PST)