The troubled visual effects industry is facing a major shift, as three VFX shops announced major changes Friday, including the buyout of Life of Pi’s visual effects company Rhythm & Hues.
EW gave you the low-down on the struggles of the VFX industry that have been getting a bigger spotlight since Rhythm & Hues filed for bankruptcy in February. Here’s an update with the latest on three visual effects shops whose collective work includes Life of Pi, the Twilight Saga, and Doctor Who.
Rhythm & Hues, the VFX company behind the Oscar-winning effects in Life of Pi, started its bankruptcy auction »
- Emily Rome
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- ‘When the Street Lights Go On’ Review: Eerie ’80s Murder-Mystery Blends ‘Stranger Things’ with ‘The Night Of’ — Sundance 2017 (From Indiewire Television. 20 January 2017, 3:01 PM, PST)
- ABC TV’s Ben Sherwood Updates Status Of Live Action ‘Star Wars’ TV Series (From The Playlist. 20 January 2017, 1:29 PM, PST)
- M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Split’ to Twist Past Vin Diesel’s ‘xXx’ at Weekend Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 20 January 2017, 1:11 PM, PST)
James Cameron (I)
- James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction: AMC Orders New Documentary Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 January 2017, 6:10 PM, PST)
- Fantasy Fridays: Scully & Mfr Cast Green Lantern Corps w/ A Special Guest! (From LRM Online. 20 January 2017, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Jim Gianopulos in Early Talks With Wanda for Legendary Post (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 7:46 PM, PST)
Will Smith (I)
- Check out Hot Toys’ Harley Quinn (Prisoner Version) Suicide Squad collectible figure (From Flickeringmyth. 18 January 2017, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Women Spoke Just 27 Percent of the Dialogue in 2016’s Top-Grossing Movies (From Indiewire. 18 January 2017, 9:11 AM, PST)
- Film Feature: 10 Worst Films of 2016, by HollywoodChicago.com (From HollywoodChicago.com. 18 January 2017, 8:24 AM, PST)