Heading into Easter Weekend, the Oscar-winning film Les Miserables is available on Blu-ray and DVD, the perfect musical to get you in the mood for this upcoming Holiday. We recently caught up with one of the producers on the film Cameron Mackintosh, and the man who perfected Jean Valjean on stage before taking the role of the Bishop on screen, Colm Wilkinson. Both have a long and storied history with the production, from its stage roots to its place as one of cinema's great musicals. Here's our exclusive conversation.
Actor Colm Wilkinson
Les Mis was originally supposed to be turned into a film musical nearly twenty-five years ago. It didn't happen. Were you involved with the first incarnations of this project's life as a movie?
Colm Wilkinson: No. We never talked. It never got that far, »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Leads Social Media Buzz Thanks to Comic-Con (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: The Ready Player One backlash has begun (From The AV Club. 24 July 2017, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- The Best War Movies Ever Made — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 24 July 2017, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Universal wants Channing Tatum for Van Helsing in the Dark Universe (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Universal Courting Channing Tatum For ‘Van Helsing’ Remake (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2017, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Stuck In Stories: The Films Of Christopher Nolan (From LRM Online. 21 July 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Paulson to Star in M. Night Shyamalan’s Thriller ‘Glass’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- All by myself: how the greatest solo film performances worked their magic (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 July 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Cinemaholics #24: Dunkirk And Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets (From We Got This Covered. 23 July 2017, 1:59 PM, PDT)