Jersey Boys, the upcoming film adaptation based on the very successful Broadway play, may have a new director. Though Jon Favreau was originally attached, he departed when the project was put into turnaround. Now, we’re hearing that the man who will be filling in for him may very well be Mr. Clint Eastwood.
Eastwood has actually been trying to get his own musical going, A Star Is Born. Things were going well too until Beyonce, who was going to lead the project, exited. Now, to scratch that musical itch he has, the director may be taking over for Favreau.
Centring on the story of Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons and their rise to fame, the propert currently belongs to Graham King of Gk Films, who was developing the film with Favreau over at Columbia not too long ago. King then brought it to Warner Bros., who then put it into turnaround shortly after. »
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Supergirl: Mehcad Brooks joins as James 'Jimmy' Olsen (From Den of Geek. 29 January 2015, 1:34 AM, PST)
- 10 Surprising Things Sixties Batman Shares With The Dark Knight (From Obsessed with Film. 29 January 2015, 12:31 AM, PST)
- 'Terminator', 'Tomorrowland' and More Set for Super Bowl (From MovieWeb. 28 January 2015, 7:55 PM, PST)
- Nick Jonas Reveals What It's Like to Hang With Jay Z and Beyoncé (From Popsugar. 28 January 2015, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Global Citizen Festival Unites Rappers and Royalty (From Variety - TV News. 28 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Grammy Awards preview: Inside track on 18 top races (From Gold Derby. 28 January 2015, 5:27 AM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ to Dominate Super Bowl Weekend with $35 Million (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2015, 3:12 PM, PST)
- Penn Is Latest Hollywood Celeb to Take Home French Academy's Honor (From Alt Film Guide. 28 January 2015, 1:46 PM, PST)
- ‘American Sniper’ Looks to Steamroll ‘Project Almanac,’ ‘Black or White’ at Super Bowl Box Office (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 1:06 PM, PST)