Last week's penultimate episode of The Walking Dead featured the death of a character I've loathed since day one. But -- Spoiler Alert -- Merle's passing ended up being bittersweet because of the steep price Daryl had to pay after stumbling upon, and subsequently murdered, his zombiefied brother.
It was a painful scene that reinforced the power The Walking Dead wields over audiences.
And Sunday's season finale promises to be equally jaw-dropping as the long-awaited showdown between Rick and The Governor comes to pass. But will Daryl be able to dry his tears and fight alongside the family he's chosen? That was just one of the questions I posed to Norman Reedus when we met up to talk all things Daryl.
ETonline: What was your first thought after reading last week's script?
Norman Reedus: "Oh man, that's going to suck." When anybody dies on this show, you want to give them the biggest send-off possible so their »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- French Promo for The Walking Dead’s Return Says Bonjour to Rick’s Hatchet (From Dread Central. 13 February 2016, 12:14 PM, PST)
- "The Walking Dead: No Way Out" - More Footage (From SneakPeek. 13 February 2016, 10:13 AM, PST)
- Emily Kinney joins Hayley Atwell in Conviction (From Flickeringmyth. 13 February 2016, 9:35 AM, PST)
- The Walking Dead Daryl Dixon Statue Revealed by McFarlane Toys (From DailyDead. 12 February 2016, 4:25 PM, PST)
- Get Excited For the Return of The Walking Dead With These New Photos (From BuzzSugar. 12 February 2016, 10:30 AM, PST)
- 15 Reasons You'd Crawl Through a Field of Zombies to Get to The Walking Dead's Daryl Dixon (From BuzzSugar. 11 February 2016, 4:15 PM, PST)
David Morrissey (I)
- Deceased 'Walking Dead' Characters Reunite in Epic Photo (From MovieWeb. 11 February 2016, 2:13 PM, PST)
- Andrew Lincoln to Appear at Walker Stalker Con London (From DailyDead. 4 February 2016, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Magnolia Makes a Date with The Ones Below; Watch UK Trailer (From Dread Central. 3 February 2016, 11:44 AM, PST)