Last week's penultimate episode of The Walking Dead featured the death of a character I've loathed since day one. But -- Spoiler Alert -- Merle's passing ended up being bittersweet because of the steep price Daryl had to pay after stumbling upon, and subsequently murdered, his zombiefied brother.
It was a painful scene that reinforced the power The Walking Dead wields over audiences.
And Sunday's season finale promises to be equally jaw-dropping as the long-awaited showdown between Rick and The Governor comes to pass. But will Daryl be able to dry his tears and fight alongside the family he's chosen? That was just one of the questions I posed to Norman Reedus when we met up to talk all things Daryl.
ETonline: What was your first thought after reading last week's script?
Norman Reedus: "Oh man, that's going to suck." When anybody dies on this show, you want to give them the biggest send-off possible so their »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Takes Over ‘Entertainment Weekly’ And We Get Our First Look At Father Gabriel Stokes (From Horror News. 27 August 2014, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Magnet Releasing Acquires Worldwide Rights to Satanic (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 August 2014, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- 'Walking Dead' Season 5 Preview Explores New Locations (From MovieWeb. 27 August 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Heist Film Set for September 2015 Release (From FirstShowing.net. 28 August 2014, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season review (From MoreHorror. 27 August 2014, 11:52 PM, PDT)
- Watch the 'Walking Dead' cast prank Andrew Lincoln (From EW.com - Inside TV. 27 August 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
David Morrissey (I)
- Fan Expo Canada - August 28-31, 2014 (From SneakPeek. 26 August 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- New on DVD Blu-ray August 26, 2014: 'Belle,' 'Portlandia,' 'Walking Dead' (From Moviefone. 25 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Top 13 Moments from The Walking Dead Season 4 (From Dread Central. 25 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)