Just one person showed up to the X Factor auditions in Colchester.
The auditions, which were a qualifying round in front of producers to go on to try out in front of the judges, attracted over 100 people when they took place in Colchester last year.
However, Cher Townrow was the only person to turn up to the recent event. She told The Sun: "I was walking home and saw it on the sign for the auditions."
She added that she failed to get through, saying: "At home I can sing brilliantly, but it didn't happen here."
An onlooker said that producers started to get people in off the streets, and overall about 20 people auditioned.
They said: "It looks like The X Factor has finally lost its grip on the nation.
"It was quite a depressing sight to see - to me it looked like a party with no guests."
Similar News Items"The X Factor" (2004)
- What Normani Kordei’s DWTS Success Means for Fifth Harmony: Is There a Solo Project in the Works? (From PEOPLE.com. 23 May 2017, 8:33 PM, PDT)
- Liam Payne Not Sure He Wants to Marry Cheryl Cole (From E! Online. 19 May 2017, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Rita Ora, Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, Spice Girl Emma Bunton Join ABC’s ‘Boy Band’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 16 May 2017, 2:20 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- Tell it to the judge: why American Idol needs no-nonsense Katy Perry (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 May 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Nicole Scherzinger Clears Up Wicked Rumors at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards (From E! Online. 21 May 2017, 7:18 PM, PDT)
- Liam Payne on 10-Year Age Gap Between Himself and Cheryl: ‘We Don’t Like to Talk About’ When We Met (From PEOPLE.com. 19 May 2017, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- The Voice's Jermain Jackman: 'David Cameron is a good guy, but I don't like his policies' (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 April 2014, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Simon Cowell: Nicole and Cheryl would have clashed (From Virgin Media - TV. 9 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- X Factor gets biggest ever audition tour: Find out how to apply (From Digital Spy - TV news. 31 March 2014, 5:42 AM, PDT)