Those who support gun control were not very happy with Jim Carrey's recent anti-gun sentiments, so they took to eBay to make their displeasure known. One person, who goes by the eBay username "astrobuzz," listed an item called "Jim Carrey Autographed 8X10 Photo So I Can Afford a Gun!"
The move was met with a lot of support in the conservative community, and soon copycat eBay sellers popped up online. The bidding for astrobuzz's autograph soared to $860, The Hollywood Reporter says, and attracted negative attention as well.
Not long after astrobuzz's listing started making the rounds on the Internet, the description for the autograph mysteriously lost all of its references to guns. It now reads, "I'm selling this Jim Carrey autographed B&W photo (mint condition) for purposes I cannot explain because it might be against eBay's Terms & Conditions." The same change went for all other similar listings. eBay »
Similar News ItemsJim Carrey
- TV Ratings: It's still a 'Wonderful Life' for NBC on Christmas Eve Wednesday (From Hitfix. 25 December 2014, 9:37 AM, PST)
- Peter Farrelly interview: Dumb and Dumber To, There’s Something About Mary, and Jim Carrey (From Den of Geek. 23 December 2014, 8:53 AM, PST)
- Elf is the UK's biggest-selling Christmas DVD of 2014 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 December 2014, 2:25 AM, PST)
Let it Rain (2008)
- Ubisoft announces Tetris Ultimate for 3Ds (From Flickeringmyth. 13 October 2014, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- David Nail Lived 10 Years in 'Deep Depression' (From PEOPLE.com. 2 April 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Interview: David Nail on No. 1 country hit ' Whatever She's Got' and new album (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 4:37 PM, PST)