Richard Griffiths, the versatile British actor who played the boy wizard’s unsympathetic Uncle Vernon in the Harry Potter movies, has died. He was 65.
Agent Simon Beresford announced Friday that Griffiths died a day earlier of complications following heart surgery at University Hospital in Coventry, central England.
He paid tribute to Griffiths as “a remarkable man and one of our greatest and best-loved actors.”
Griffiths appeared in dozens of movies and TV shows, but will be most widely remembered as a pair of contrasting uncles — the hero’s grudging Muggle guardian in the Harry Potter series, and flamboyant Uncle Monty »
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsDaniel Radcliffe
- Henry Lloyd-Hughes Conjures Role In ‘Now You See Me: The Second Act’ (From Deadline New York. 28 January 2015, 9:31 AM, PST)
- First Photo of the Cast from Now You See Me: The Second Act (From GeekTyrant. 25 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- A.J. Jacobs Interviews His (Very Distant) Cousin Olivia Munn (From PEOPLE.com. 23 January 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 10 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 January 2015, 6:42 PM, PST)
- The First Trailer for All the Wilderness (From Filmonic. 26 January 2015, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Gotham Season 1 Episode 12 Review – ‘What the Little Bird Told Him’ (From Flickeringmyth. 25 January 2015, 8:16 AM, PST)
Richard Griffiths (I)
- 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Gets New Book Art (From MovieWeb. 13 January 2015, 9:24 AM, PST)
- Finally, a Documentary on Auditioning and 4 Other Events for L.A. Actors (From Backstage. 20 November 2014, 2:04 PM, PST)
- Finally, a Documentary on Auditioning and Four Other Events for L.A. Actors (From Backstage. 20 November 2014, 2:04 PM, PST)