Joseph Gordon-Levitt is bringing his open-source production company HitRecord to television.
Gordon-Levitt will host and produce a variety show called "HitRecord on TV" on Pivot, a newly announced cable network targeting young adults that will launch in the summer. The goal is to bring the collaborative spirit that exits online at HitRecord to TV viewers.
The variety show will feature short films, live performances, animation and other bits developed and produced by the HitRecord community (participants share in any profits the company makes from using their work). "This is not a joke, this is not a marketing gimmick -- this is an invitation," Gordon-Levitt says in a video introducing the show (which you can watch at the top of the post).
"I'm so excited to get to work with you, and I think we're going to make a really great show," he says.
Pivot, owned by Participant Media ("Lincoln," "The »
Similar News ItemsJoseph Gordon-Levitt
- Beauty vs Beast: The Original Maze Runner (From FilmExperience. 27 June 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Why Oliver Stone Is Still Hopeful About The Power of Movies After The ‘Nightmare’ of Making ‘Snowden’ (From Indiewire. 26 June 2016, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Oliver Stone Talks ‘Snowden’ Financing Struggle, Film vs. TV and Military ‘Adulation’ in Movies (From Variety - Film News. 25 June 2016, 11:28 AM, PDT)
I'm So Excited! (2013)
- Watch: New 'Julieta' Trailer Shows Pedro Almodovar is Back to Form with More Family Secrets (From Sydney's Buzz. 8 February 2016, 11:05 AM, PST)
- European Film Award Nominations (From AwardsDaily. 9 November 2013, 2:28 PM, PST)
- Efa 2013 nominations revealed (From ScreenDaily. 9 November 2013, 7:15 AM, PST)