Johnny Depp will star in the film as an assassinated scientist who has his brain uploaded to a computer.
Indiewire reports that Kate Mara is likely to be playing a character called Bree, a member of a terrorist group determined to stop the artificial intelligence project which Depp and Hall's characters have developed.
Transcendence is set to begin filming next month in Los Angeles, with a release date set for April 25, 2014.
Watch a trailer for »
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- 'Doctor Strange' Short List Down to Three Directors (From MovieWeb. 11 March 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review - The Stuff (1985) (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- "Devil's Knot" Trailer Examines the West Memphis Three Case (From TooFab. 11 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- The Definitive Kubrickian Films: 30-21 (From SoundOnSight. 11 March 2014, 9:51 PM, PDT)
- Podcast: 'True Detective', 'Game of Thrones', DVDs, Blu-rays and Reading Perverted Plot Descriptions (From Rope Of Silicon. 11 March 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- From Slacker to Sunshine – The Sundance Success Stories (From HeyUGuys. 10 March 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Ben Mendelsohn: 'I don't do talky-talky chummy-chummy' (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 March 2014, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- New images from Disney's Maleficent (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 12:36 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie's Mistress of All Evil featured on new Maleficent posters (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)