The Austin Film Society hosted a Moviemaker Dialogue last week with Austin film editor Sandra Adair. Chale Nafus moderated the conversation, interviewing Adair and teasing her about his being cut out of Waking Life.
Adair told us that as a kid she wanted to paint, but in high school, she became inspired by her older brother's student film. Her first film job was as apprentice editor on Memory of Us in 1974. She'd moved up to assistant editor for her next movie, The Swinging Cheerleaders* (heh). She lived in Austin for a period of time -- during which she synced dailies as assistant editor on Outlaw Blues -- but moved back to L.A. soon afterwards.
The 1991 recession brought Adair back to our fair city. A connection at Texas Motion Pictures Services (which she said used to be located in a building behind Capital Plaza in northeast Austin) told her about »
- Elizabeth Stoddard
Similar News ItemsRichard Linklater
- ‘La La Land,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ Win Cinema Audio Society Awards (From Variety - TV News. 18 February 2017, 10:16 PM, PST)
- ‘La La Land,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ Win Cinema Audio Society Awards (From Variety - Film News. 18 February 2017, 10:16 PM, PST)
- Berlinale 2017 Review: Liu Jian Triumphs With Have A Nice Day (From Screen Anarchy. 17 February 2017, 12:00 PM, PST)
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Review: A James Franco Period Protest Drama, Dubiously Made (From Indiewire. 18 February 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Review: James Franco Takes on John Steinbeck (From The Wrap. 17 February 2017, 11:44 AM, PST)
- In Dubious Battle Review (From We Got This Covered. 16 February 2017, 12:02 PM, PST)
Dazed and Confused (1993)
- ‘Friday the 13th’: Why a Reboot of the Franchise May Be Doomed Forever (From Indiewire. 9 February 2017, 11:11 AM, PST)
- Matthew McConaughey to Star in Harmony Korine’s New Stoner Comedy ‘The Beach Bum’ (From Indiewire. 7 February 2017, 7:44 AM, PST)
- Matthew McConaughey on His Career After Quitting Rom-Coms: ‘My Agent Did a Good Job Saying No’ (From PEOPLE.com. 28 January 2017, 2:14 PM, PST)