Odd List Simon Brew 26 Mar 2013 - 06:44
A superb character actor James Woods has turned in some remarkable performances. Here are a few of his underappreciated roles...
If you're looking for an actor who's far more interested in being a character than a hero, then surely James Woods is your man. He's built up a body of work over several decades that has rightly brought him a degree of acclaim - Videodrome, the brilliant Cop, Ghosts Of Mississippi, Contact, Salvador, and his growing collection of excellent TV roles - but in the 80s and 90s, he popped up in lots of films that are rarely talked about now.
There are so many seemingly lost great James Woods roles, that it seemed long overdue we try and right that particular wrong. So here's a collection of perhaps the lower profile, yet brilliant, performances from his career. And this is just a few of them. »
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- 'Moonrise Kingdom,' 'Lawrence of Arabia' and More Coming to Netflix This September (Plus Indiewire's Picks) (From Indiewire. 31 August 2015, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan shares his thoughts on a gay James Bond (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2015, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Cate Blanchett will receive the BFI Fellowship at this year's London Film Festival (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 August 2015, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- Here's the List of Films & TV Series Coming to and Leaving Netflix's Streaming Library in September (From ShadowAndAct. 31 August 2015, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Votd: ‘Suicide Squad’ Confronts the ‘The Dirty Dozen’ Influence in Trailer Mashup (From Slash Film. 31 August 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- 6 Oscar Season Narratives That Could Shape the Race This Year (From Variety - Film News. 31 August 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Steve Carell Replacing Bruce Willis In Woody Allen's Latest (From EmpireOnline. 30 August 2015, 12:32 PM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis Drops Out Of Woody Allen's Next Film (From EmpireOnline. 24 August 2015, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- No Sweet Science To Be Found in Ron Wilson’s ‘Super Boxers’ (From SoundOnSight. 23 August 2015, 6:56 PM, PDT)