What is there to say about Merle Dixon on "The Walking Dead"?
Michael Rooker's performance emerged so fully formed that even though we saw the character for barely more than one episode in Season 1, fans constantly demanded to know when he would return. When he turned up in Daryl's fever dream in Season 2, it was the first time Rooker and Norman Reedus shared the screen as brothers. And it wasn't until this season that we really got to spend more time with Merle, see the Dixon brothers interact as actual people and discover what kind of guy truly lied beneath the gruff exterior.
I think most fans would admit that even though Merle was a racist, sexist, socially backward, borderline-homicidal maniac, that he was also kind of lovable. Most of us want to believe that redemption is possible. That even when someone makes mistakes they can see the error of their ways. »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Star Chad Coleman Talks Season 5, Difficult Deaths and Why He Was Cast (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 July 2014, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- Telltale Games Confirms The Walking Dead: Season 3 Video Game (From DailyDead. 27 July 2014, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Telltale Games Announces The Walking Dead Season 3 (From Dread Central. 27 July 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Norman Reedus and Djimon Hounsou Ain’t Got No Air in First Trailer (From Beyond Hollywood. 27 July 2014, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Panel Video (From MovieWeb. 27 July 2014, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- 'The Walking Dead' cast compares upcoming season to 'Three's Company' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 27 July 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
Michael Rooker (I)
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Star Michael Rooker Talks Mohawk Redesigns and Zombie Delicacies (Video) (From The Wrap. 26 July 2014, 7:32 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Confirms Josh Brolin as Thanos in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and Beyond (From MovieWeb. 26 July 2014, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Sequel Confirmed by Marvel Studios During Comic-Con; Opens July 28, 2017 (From Collider.com. 26 July 2014, 6:55 PM, PDT)