It was 50 years ago today, March 22, 1963, that The Beatles released their first album, titled "Please Please Me."
The fab four gathered at Abbey Road studios in London and recorded 10 of the 14 tracks in one day. Hits such as "Love Me Do" and "Twist and Shout" came to be, and The Beatles quickly embarked upon super-stardom.
To mark the special occasion, The Beatles' official website posted a short behind-the-scenes video of the making of "Please Please Me," found here.
And take a look at the exquisit song charts that illustrate which Beatle -- John, Ringo, Pal and George -- played which instrument in which song.
- Liat Kornowski
Similar News ItemsAbbey Road Studios [gb]
- Visiting Abbey Road – The Home of the Music Score (From HeyUGuys. 24 February 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2' Soundtrack Review (From FEARnet. 20 February 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Sheridan Smith to play Cilla Black in three-part ITV drama (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 February 2014, 9:59 AM, PST)
Ringo (1978) (TV)
- Q&A: David Lynch on Enlightenment, Zz Top and 'Yeezus' (From Rolling Stone. 25 February 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Frozen in time: the Beatles in Taunton, 15 September 1967 (From The Guardian - Film News. 15 February 2014, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Paul McCartney & More Celebrate Beatles’ 50th Anniversary (From HollywoodLife. 10 February 2014, 5:10 AM, PST)