Has Jimmy Fallon's replacement for "Late Night" already been picked? A report from the New York Post says "Saturday Night Live" head writer Seth Meyers is the favorite to take over for Fallon, when he moves on to host "The Tonight Show."
Lorne Michaels, who produces "SNL" and is an executive producer on "Late Night," reportedly wants Meyers to have the job. Tina Fey's name has also been mentioned, but the "30 Rock" star is just too busy. Meyers has been head writer for "SNL" since 2005, and became co-host of "Weekend Update" in 2006.
When Jay Leno leaves "The Tonight Show," which is supposedly happening at some point in 2014, NBC plans to move the show to New York. There are reports that the network is already building a state-of-the-art studio to house the program.
Leno addressed rumors of his departure for the first time Thursday night, jokingly comparing the situation to March Madness, »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- NBC Will Celebrate 'Saturday Night Live's' 40th Anniversary with 3-Hour Special (From Indiewire. 18 April 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- NBC Will Celebrate 'Saturday Night Live's' 40th Anniversary with 3-Hour Special (From Indiewire Television. 18 April 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- SNL Is Planning a Star-Studded 40th Anniversary Special (From BuzzSugar. 18 April 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- NBC’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ 40th Anniversary Special Set (From Deadline TV. 18 April 2014, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Jimmy Kimmel Hits Season High & Tops Late Night With ‘Scandal’ Finale Show (From Deadline TV. 18 April 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Documentary Community Embraces Tribeca Fest (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Saturday Night Live': Three-hour 40th anniversary special set for next year (From EW.com - Inside TV. 18 April 2014, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- 'Saturday Night Live' sets 40th anniversary celebration for February 2015 (From Hitfix. 18 April 2014, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- NBC To Celebrate 40th Anniversary Of SNL With 3-Hour Special (From Variety - TV News. 18 April 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)